UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Elk Horns

(1/1)

GrimmSpector:
I have bagged a number of elk so far, all in the winter, and not a single one has had horns, do they just not have horns in the winter, or am I just unlucky?

PALU:
Only male elk have horns, so you've probably bagged females only. The game names the males and females differently.

GrimmSpector:

--- Quote from: PALU on April 06, 2022, 10:52:03 AM ---Only male elk have horns, so you've probably bagged females only. The game names the males and females differently.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't sure if the game did genders, but suspected this may be the case. Seems there's a shortage of males!

JP_Finn:
Bulls and some cows have horns.
Elk/moose have antlers.

Horns do not get shed. Antlers get shed annually.
Some antler growing species only male have them, moose/elk. Some species both genders do, like reindeer.

Ingame, antlers are not shed. Maybe the bull moose are busy elsewhere?

GrimmSpector:

--- Quote from: JP_Finn on April 07, 2022, 03:49:21 AM ---Bulls and some cows have horns.
Elk/moose have antlers.

Horns do not get shed. Antlers get shed annually.
Some antler growing species only male have them, moose/elk. Some species both genders do, like reindeer.

Ingame, antlers are not shed. Maybe the bull moose are busy elsewhere?

--- End quote ---

Must be so this winter. Whenever I see Reindeer it's usually a group. Chased them to my settlement, and I'd accidentally left the gate open and they ran into my gated area, and I ran in behind and shut them in and killed them lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version