Topic: does shutter cause a heat loss?  (Read 3615 times)

Ezhe

« on: January 05, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »
I want to build a cabin with all shutter-walls instead of walls. but if the gain of view is in sacrifice of heat loss, it doesn't worth anymore. So the question comes to me. Does shutter cause a heat loss?
I also noticed that, you can build a floor with ceiling of wooden building on the central tile of a kota framework, on which you can build a stove. By doing this, you automatically dismantle the kota framework, but the existing kota walls and the inside of kota remains. the center of kota should be empty but in this way you can build a celing and floor there to build a stove. Then here comes another question of mine, Will the dismantled framework break the heat preservation of kota? Thank you very much

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 06:30:44 PM »
I don't know about kotas, but shutters in wooden buildings don't seem to cause any loss of heat.

What they do do, however, is wake you up more often by hearing some rustle or thinking you caught some movement.  Shutters allow you to see and shoot out, but too many may not be a good idea.  I once had my cabin attacked by robbers, and they filled me with arrows on three sides while I was only shooting back out of one. 

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 03:24:32 PM »
I don't know about kotas, but shutters in wooden buildings don't seem to cause any loss of heat.

What they do do, however, is wake you up more often by hearing some rustle or thinking you caught some movement.  Shutters allow you to see and shoot out, but too many may not be a good idea.  I once had my cabin attacked by robbers, and they filled me with arrows on three sides while I was only shooting back out of one.

Can't you close shutters?

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 05:26:00 PM »
Not at present, though people have pointed out in the suggestion forum that it would be a nice thing to enable.

anything