Topic: [3.70b] Character Creation Bug Testing  (Read 3173 times)

Jackdaw

« on: July 03, 2021, 02:57:52 AM »
Greetings!

Firstly, I'm delighted by the changes introduced in the beta and very excited to see the new progress. With that, I thought I would report in on my findings after testing the bug I and others have encountered when creating new characters in the 3.70 beta.

On (Custom - Easy) and (Custom - Too Easy) modes, upon reaching the skill point buy page when creating a character a bug is triggered where the "exit character creation" pop-up appears whenever entering any key or clicking on any part of the page. The bug does not seem to appear on (Custom) creation mode. After testing 8 new characters, the bug appears to be triggered anytime you either:

1) Use up all of your improvement options points; the pop-up of "All Options Used" appears, but selecting 'Undo last and return' becomes a loop because any further clicking or entering of keys triggers the pop-up.

2) Reduce any skill to its maximum lowest value; triggers the problem as outlined above.

I hope this provides some useful insight if you have not already found the source of the problem!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:39:08 AM by Sami »

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 04:24:46 AM »
Greetings!
<snip>
I appreciate the effort you put into testing this & posting here to inform the Dev Team.

I see that you only have 3 posts here so this is just for future reference (and no action needed now): in general, it would be better if we consolidate discussions in relevant threads so that both browsing and keyword searching returns less matching threads and browser/searcher can reach the relevant information quicker. This is not always possible -or even easy to detect with thousands of past posts- but in this case there is a thread on this same bug just 3 posts below yours, here: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6462.0
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 11:39:28 AM »
This is fixed by now.

Fixed - persists in 3.70beta.
- Sami | UnReal World creator