Topic: my first proper hunting kill  (Read 3250 times)

« on: April 26, 2021, 03:03:27 AM »
i finally felled my first nonscirpted large anima(its an elk)l. plenty of waiting around and javelining down birds for arrows and food. fun fact the rate at which birds wander into you if roughly half and hour each. anyway what the hell do i do with bones i haven't been able to figure out how to use them they can be traded or used so what are they for? also you ever know that moment you shelter down in a mire and decide to make some more arrows only to have an reindeer herd the size of the screen wander straight towards you? it was almost terrifying reminded me of cdda elk

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 03:53:01 AM »
Congratulations!

Bones are mostly unused at this time. The 'Base' materials have been added toward future use/development etc.

At the moment; They can be fed to dogs, Possibly as a predator bait - since dogs will eat them

With some work (outside vanilla game); can be used in soup/stew, can be used "virtually consumed" to make 'Bone items" of your design.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:55:19 AM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 04:46:44 AM »
i have also claimed my first settlement when rng blessed me with an settlement with a single person. im not sure if i should bother with planting the seeds from it. and i dont really want to live in the buildings as its not a good location for my hunter too far from water and other towns

Matti-patti

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »
i have also claimed my first settlement when rng blessed me with an settlement with a single person. im not sure if i should bother with planting the seeds from it. and i dont really want to live in the buildings as its not a good location for my hunter too far from water and other towns

Only a very naughty person steals a settlement from an old man.

Ara D.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »
Unless some one has evidence to the contrary, bones are no good for bait. I personally prefer squirrel and bird fat as they weigh very little and .1lb of fat works just as well a 1lb of meat, I've also heard others like roaches for the same reason.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 04:28:20 AM »
i decided to install self sufficeny so now i can make bone spears i just have to deal with a crash every other load

anything