Topic: There is a really huge difference between build 3.62 and build 3.63?  (Read 4013 times)

Lustelo

« on: March 11, 2021, 10:53:35 PM »
I downloaded the build 3.62 for free on the official UrW website. But i've been considering in buying the game on Steam to get the latest build. But i'm afraid that i could regret for doing it because the game is really expensive in my country because of taxes, dollar exchange, etc. There is a really huge difference between these builds?

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 11:54:34 PM »
Well, not as much as in extra content and stuff but there is actually a big change that would change your gameplay.
added: smoking requires continuous maintaining of fire
In the previous versions smoking succeeded if the room was heated once, and the process required no further maintenance. Now the heating must be maintained through the whole process.

There is also a dedicated sauna stove (different than normal fireplace), other than that there isn't too much difference but there are little things that are nice to have like milking reindeers and njerpez(the bad guys) travelling in groups and stuff like that. But I would still prefer to be on the latest versions, because of the maintained mods usually working towards the steam version rather than free (although the steam versions eventually become free).

Here is the full patch note of 3.63 https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5628.0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:58:37 PM by trowftd »

dannayork

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:02:32 AM »
Yes was thinking of something like that as well...

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:59:51 AM »
Another factor would be mod support.

Mod support for the BAC, my own and a large commonly used mod, is to the current game version 3.63

I believe somewhere in the thread is the last 3.62 version in what ever state it was at that time.

Other modders would likewise be fixing bugs and things for the current version.

In some cases, possibly 3.62 to 3.63, the newer mod version might work on an older game but no garauntees.

anything