Topic: Need some help with Unreal World please  (Read 3499 times)

bravegril36

« on: March 27, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
Hey, I've been playing Unreal World for sometime now, but I can't find help on some problems I'm having.

How exactly does tracking work? Should I keep using it everywhere on the zoomed out map to find animals? Or does it only works on the zoomed in map? And in the zoomed in map it only works above tracks I'm already seeing?

I'm folowing the basic quest to learn how to play and I'm stuck in the part about creating a raft. I don't have any rope/cords, I know how to make cords from leather, but the problem is, I can only find squirrels and it takes forever to make 1 cord from their leathers. Am I doing something wrong in this game?

[EDIT by Erkka: deleted the user account, for this post is an exact copy from a six years old Reddit post. I'll leave the thread, for this had already generated a legitimate reply. Just in case some real users find this thread helpful]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:27:05 AM by Erkka »

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 11:25:01 AM »
Tracking does work in zoomed out map but I don't use it at all, it does not give enough information to actually track animals imo. It is too vague, so I would recommend using tracking in zoomed in map.

The way you encounter animals is usually by spotting them. Go to high grounds like mountains, hills or open areas like mires. You will see the animal on the zoomed out map. Go to the same tile and boom.

You can also use tracking skill if you are close to some tracks but haven't found them yet. Game will say something like "you found some tracks around here" and then you can inspect them further. I should also mention that the tracking is actually kind of confusing and the animals tend to go in circles a lot, so the footprints you track may be fresh but the animal can go to another direction.You can come across a crowd of footprints that goes to all 8 directions even if you track only 1 animal. But it shouldn't be hard to get the hang of it.

For the ropes and cords, there is actually a update on the way that will add a way to make cords and yarns from nettles and hemps. But for right now, you can also use birch trees to make ropes out of their barks. Just go next to a birch tree use your TIMBERCRAFT skill ("ALT+M" or "press S and then M"). You can then craft further stuff from the bark, they are pretty useful.

trowftd

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Ahh... you guys need to give me some tips on how to find copied posts man. I actually did search this but couldn't find any copies.

anything