Topic: Deciphering Unclear Directions Help  (Read 2762 times)

rudy

« on: January 09, 2021, 06:27:43 AM »
Hi!

Trying to do a Bird Thief quest and having a heck of a time finding this camp. The directions are very unclear, language-wise.

"My last trapping site lies in the south-west from here, just a couple of kilometers away at border location of spruce mire area right next to pine mire in the south."

I think the "border location" means that the camp is at/near the transition between the two tiles. Fine.

But the second part, does that mean that the spruce mire is to the south of the pine mire? Or the pine mire is to the south of the spruce mire? Or neither?

The designated area has dozens and dozens of tiles that might match, and I'm tearing my hear out...

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:40:34 AM »
With that wording the trap site is at spruce mire. The spruce mire tile where the traps were, is bordered in the south by pine mire.

Most of the time the site is closer to the middle of the quest marker circle than the edges of it.

Remember to collect ALL feathers, once you find the empty traps.

Edit: first responded as if Rudy asked for wounded adventurer quest help.
Long day, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:44:25 AM by JP_Finn »

PALU

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 10:54:31 AM »
Elaborating on JP_Finn's answer, you need to examine each of the tiles matching the criteria until you find the right one. Since it is in spruce mire, the visibility is lousy, so you'll have to walk through each of them and be on the lookout for snares and feathers. Also note that there may be more than one group of snares.

Due to the limited visibility, it's easy fail to see the items in these tiles.

rudy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 04:36:19 PM »
Thank you; it was a pain, but I was able to find the things. My error was assuming that the "border location" line meant it was near the transition between the pine mire and the spruce mire.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
You're neither the first one nor the last one to make the assumption the location would be near the border...

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 08:54:01 PM »
And of all types, of course a spruce mire. Only way worse if it’d be bordered by coniferous forest... like why can’t the quest spawn the traps in lichenous, Heath or hills... or open mire?
 ::)

PALU

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »
I've had a small number of lucky cases where the target tile is bordered by a river. That doesn't guarantee the target won't be spruce infested, but it reduces the number of possible tiles greatly.

anything