UnReal World > Suggestions

NPCs to use exactly same movement rules as player character.

(1/4) > >>

JP_Finn:
Be it walking or running in snow or swimming, paddling on raft, enable exactly same movement for NPCs as character deals with.

No more skiless robbers running in waist deep snow to catch up to grandmaster skier.
No more character peppering Njerpez from watercraft without chance of the hostile to swim over and climb or capsize the vessel.
No more NPCs waltzing through traps. Have them at least kick the trap 1st to trigger them.

Brygun:
No more >LAME< robbers running through thigh deep snow at the same speed as the unwounded character.

PALU:
I agree it would be good if the NPCs used the same rules. However, I don't think it's that easy to get it to work properly:
- Villagers would have to get skis
- NPCs would need to know when and how to use skis and wield/unwield the ski stick (they know how to wield/unwield shields to fire bows, though, so there may be an existing base to build on).
- Once animals know how to use their innate ability to swim it might be time to get humans to learn when and how to swim. However, humans have to learn to swim, and most probably didn't know much about swimming.
- Swimming out to a craft to attack the user seems like an incredibly stupid move to me. Not only is the craft probably faster, but the person on the craft should have a big fighting advantage from being higher and having a footing (rather than literally having to push off of water).
- If NPCs are taught how to move as the PC does, they may also steal your water craft and travel on water craft themselves.

JP_Finn:
If the enemy can’t get to watercraft, have them move out of range then. Backing away if possible. Standing on the shore getting pelted with missiles is the dumbest possible thing.

Brygun:
While I was frustrated by the lame robber pursuing, I recall that one issue was the skiing wasn't easy to do. The robbers, often a local culture, would have skiis too.

The Nerjpez I debate personally on them using skiis as a cultural difference though they might use something

I think though there is a question that is appears they might have ZERO consequences. Thats just an opinion based on recent observations. They should/could be suffering fatigue and certainly not have a major advantage over a competent character let alone a master at their skill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version