Topic: is it possible to eat deadly poison and survive by eating the right herb?  (Read 4438 times)

Buoidda

« on: December 16, 2020, 07:48:22 PM »
Is it possible to eat, say sand mushroom and survive by eating the right herb?

Just curious.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
Just guessing but I bet 20 squirrel hides you'd need to find a Shaman for at least one treatment to survive.

Though I wonder if there is a lethal dosage threshold, like 2 sand mushrooms? or a tiny drip soup that had a miniscule amount added.

And why can't you poison NPCs?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Buoidda

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:22:40 PM »
so the wise men actually do something? I always wondered about that since there's no treated signs on the wound screen...

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 10:05:33 PM »
I wonder if eating spoiled fish to induce vomiting might help?

Not an expert on poisons. I suspect real life some poisons once they are into your blood stream its suffer or maybe force fluids to get the kidney's to purge

PALU

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:10:51 PM »
It ought to be possible to eat herbs to improve your chances of surviving, although I haven't tried it. I believe there's something that promotes getting rid of poison, though, and something that induces vomiting ought to help as well (like spoiled fish, unless it adds to the burden with its own mix of poisonous stuff).

Sweating may help if if carries the poison out through the pores, but may hinder it if the poison is removed via the urine more efficiently (in which case drinking a lot might help). Something that gave you the runs ought to speed up getting rid of the parts that had been processed too far to be removed through vomiting.
Herbs that provide general strengthening might help you to survive the ordeal.

(Don't try any of the above in real life...)

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 05:21:01 AM »
And why can't you poison NPCs?

Exactly. Fox meat stew cooked with sand mushrooms left in various cups hasn’t worked on Njerps.
Maybe Njerpez are immune to sand mushrooms’ effects. Guess I’ll need to try with fresh black-ears.  ::)

JP_Finn

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 06:14:00 AM »
Has anyone tried to eat Sand mushroom and then “bear strong” etc fix-all quest reward?

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:36:00 PM »
so the wise men actually do something? I always wondered about that since there's no treated signs on the wound screen...

Oh yes, they do. Thrived on raw marsh calla for one week, everytime visiting the sage when my belly hurt too much.
Just get some rest after. At least mild stomach ache is no prob for dem wise old men

I cannot recall the circumstances, i did actually survive one time when i was poisoned deadly.
I ate some herbs(think it was boiled heather) and visited the shaman. But i cannot tell if the herbs were mandatory. I just know that the poisoning didnt get better when eating that herbs alone, So the shaman did indeed saved my "life".

So, to answer your first question:  no. Herbs are not enough, at least in my experience.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:59:38 PM by Dr.Hossa »

Ezezaguna

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
Nothing that a good ol' boiled Burdock and Heather soup can't help  8)

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 09:08:21 AM »
hmm you mean its enough to drink the heather beverage? My character actually died when i only relied on that. gotta admit i recovered the save and went to the shaman then.

Would be interesting to hear what other people have experienced

Ezezaguna

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 12:58:50 PM »
I would recommend drinking Heather and Burdock beverages in home (more than once, maybe?). Resting, taking a sauna, asking for help to any shaman and begging for mercy to the spirits.  In my experience that save me from something poisonous (can't remember what mushroom). But, anyways, at the end our lives are meaningless  :P

Brygun

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 12:47:12 AM »
Tuukka got poisoned eating an unknown plant. IT was a moderate mid-yellow rating. HE had a fever.

He did meet a sage for a healing bonus.

Tukka also made a boiled heather as a tea. Heather described as bringing down fever.

So I guess it can right to have the right herb

However , the reduces fever was listed under boil. So you need a pot or mod similiar to make a cup of tea.

JP_Finn

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 06:20:50 AM »
Heather boiled reduces fever, but heather also partially or fully neutralizes poisons. Sorrel IIRC reduces fever, but doesn’t do else.

For gastrointestinal ailments, meadsweet tea works better IME. Most of the time when using stale ingredients, I season the cooking with meadsweet flowers or leaves.

anything