Topic: Sub-categories for food in cellar  (Read 3512 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:41:50 AM »
I find it tricky at times to find the stuff in my cellar.
There's all herbs/seasonings, vegetables, meat, fish, stews and soups all in one big... pile?

I like the fact that top most items are the oldest in there, so using those first makes sense.

But what I'd like to see is add additional food categories for cellar:
  • herbs and seasoning
  • roots and vegetables
  • berries
  • mushrooms
  • raw meats and fishes
  • cooked/cured meat and fish
  • cooked meals (and with that, blanched mushrooms
  • herbal drinks, water, milk

Making the change for character's inventory, less needed as no one carries hundreds of food items on them. Also to keep keyboard jockeying in check.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 07:55:11 AM »
Agreed. My current character had to build a dozen cellars to keep things sorted...
Biggest Russian UrW fan

Ezezaguna

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 03:25:56 AM »
I totally agree. My urge for sort everything by different categories needs it.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:34:23 AM »
Uh yeah.....

somewhere in here is the elk fat I put for tanning the hide into leather that has been de-hairing for ten days...

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
Yes, this would be great.  Currently my cellars are constantly a huge mess.  Takes a long time to sort through everything when all I want is that one pinch of sorrel  ;D

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »
I find it tricky at times to find the stuff in my cellar.
There's all herbs/seasonings, vegetables, meat, fish, stews and soups all in one big... pile?
I like the fact that top most items are the oldest in there, so using those first makes sense.
But what I'd like to see is add additional food categories for cellar:

Complex piles here and there is a common result of hoarding playstyle. Item selection categories are item type related, and this kind of custom categorization would be a mess and super costly to add, and thus not considered worthwhile. The best solution is to arrange things that don’t need to be stored in cellar in to different piles around your homestead, or to use several cellars. However, the more there’s hoarding the more there is browsing in general.
- Sami | UnReal World creator