Topic: [3.63] Quick burn standing trees  (Read 2667 times)

Brygun

« on: December 05, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
As part of the harsh island challenge Im setting standing trees alight. They burn out and gone very quickly. There is never a big fire like you get if the tree was felled into a "tree trunk". The amount of wood is the same.

Not sure if this was intentional to stop forest fires.

Frostbit

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 05:53:23 PM »
It makes it quicker and much easier to clear land for fields, but I'd rather it was more realistic (especially for the Winter Island Challenge scenario). The last time I cleared IRL land, it took me weeks to finally burn up all the dozer decks.

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:09:28 AM »
I have heard of real life people using tall trees to make them fall over. Rather than cutting them with a stone axe, which takes hours, that you burn the base of the tree (only) then it falls over. Which is this game would generate a tree trunk.

But

There should be the possibility of having massive out of control fires. Wheeeeee

Frostbit

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:09 AM »
I have heard of real life people using tall trees to make them fall over. Rather than cutting them with a stone axe, which takes hours, that you burn the base of the tree (only) then it falls over. Which is this game would generate a tree trunk.
Like this?
http://www.native-art-in-canada.com/fellatree.html
I've attempted to mod it, but can't seem to make it work right.

There should be the possibility of having massive out of control fires. Wheeeeee
So many possibilities... ;)

Brygun

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 08:39:26 PM »
yep thats it

I mean you could call for there to be

Clay [remove] '+ fireshield 3 feet up the tree'
Fire nearby
Tree next to [remove] *?

output a tree trunk where you stand, delayed an hour? to burn through

Its the "remove tree" that I don't see how to make happen

You can change a tile into ground just like you can make a water tile from the well or water barrel. So you can delete a tree.

But

recipies only have one output. Either the tree or ground tile.

Even if you have some middle step token its one token type made.

anything