Topic: Cant get back to shelter  (Read 6438 times)

Brygun

« on: December 05, 2020, 08:07:34 PM »
Can;t get back to my shelter

Currently trying an island challenge. The Island I picked was close to the world's west edge so at first I thought these messages you can't go that way were related to game-mechanic limit.

Started being cut off from parts of the island I had been too.

Character has minimal gear so is harvesting alot of branches to burn just to stay alive. A shelter was built with several nights there burning 100s of branches at at time.

Now...

Its serious.

On a gather trip I can no longer get back to my shelter.

The attached pic shows the situation. The dashed vertical line appears to be the motion limit. On the left side is character close to freezing to death with a temporary fire looking to dash home to the shelter. On the right is the shelter by the water, with stocks of branches to burn.

In the text on the right is the message of cant go further.

Character has made occasional most days General Sacrifice of flowers and the odd berry.

I think if this character cant get to the shelter the might die this night. Rebuilding another shelter they might live through but how are they getting cut off? ITs an island so there is only so much 'cut off' one can have before being out of land.

Game file can be emailed if desired: Kylpymies cut off
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:11:43 PM by Brygun »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »
It’s possibly Zoom-in map transition.
I.e. going from “licheneous pine forest” to “sea”

My guess here is: Sami might want to take a look.

Meanwhile, try hit ‘7’ for map maintenance. (Retain a copy)

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »
 Did you roll until you got the spot or use a 3rd party (mod) to start there?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 12:40:41 AM »
I used the 3rd party mod to select the start location.

Picture attached here.

Its wierd that I can move on some parts of the island that then become dissallowed.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the spirits.

As a veteran player I've never seen this before. I've never played this close to the world map edge either.

Night

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 12:55:05 AM »

Picture attached here.

Its wierd that I can move on some parts of the island that then become dissallowed.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the spirits.

As a veteran player I've never seen this before. I've never played this close to the world map edge either.

That island is extremely close to the edge. Youre probably in an area thats naturally supposed to be off limits, mostly due to rendering issues when you get closer to the edge. Ill make an update for my mod to restrict it closer towards the main land. As for the character you'll likely need to scrap him and start fresh.

edit: 12/7/2020, made update to restrict starting locations by 48 over-world tiles from the map edge.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:00:45 AM by Night »
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 01:07:07 AM »
Yep could be.

Night and I are talking in the Discord about this.

Testing things out is just part of my services to the community.

Attached file also shows the wilderness map. The original start tile is one south of where the character is now standing.

Possibly its so close that it is checking any tile and >maybe< I was just lucky at first to stay on allowed area. Im not sure on that though as I went to and fro from the shelters to get branches many times.

Night was thinking it might be buggy so best to avoid as there maybe reasons Saami didnt have the random generator start so close.

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 02:21:30 AM »

So then not really a bug then. I have seen this message before, however I was at the Far East, looking for, killing and eating Njerpez.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.