Topic: Lots of angling improvements on their way  (Read 14154 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 04:10:49 PM »
@Credit ... you’re disappointed that fishing rods and hooks are getting adjusted, and are not on the dev.plans... but they are on there, in Items and Crafting section...

Hard disappointment for nothing. Ouch.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 04:52:25 PM »
And that's what I'm talking about. These new changes/features aren't on the roadmap or dev.plans, but you choose this. That's the disappointment, in consideration that the roadmap/dev.plans list is not even half done.

Well, you probably have a personal idea about how the dev.plans list should work, or to be updated. And that seems to differ from the actual reality. It's not a roadmap which we follow strictly, but a loose list of things that are planned so that the players have some idea about certain elements and don't need to wonder, ponder or suggest them all that often.

"The list rarely features what has been done already, but aims foremostly for what there will be in the future."

If we'd list up everything that's been done over the decades you would see the dev.plans list with 95% of stuff done or so. See, the future goals were planned also in 1992, and the years after. Only quite recently we listed those some topics up.

Our workflow is quite organic, and strict roadmap doesn't suit the development of ever-evolving project.
It's pain to update, and I completely forget it at times, and it's constantly under construction.
Sorry about that.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

trowftd

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 06:13:56 PM »
It's pain to update, and I completely forget it at times, and it's constantly under construction.
Sorry about that.
Oh man I can only imagine going through 140,000 lines of C code I would probably go crazy.

Saukko

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 11:09:29 PM »
Any plans to have some visual indicators of particularly fishy fishing grounds? I guess the current fishing works on a more or less random basis, because you don't actually track individual fishes like you do with animals, so that when you fish, the game just calculates a probability of catching a fish based on some modifiers (like skill), with one tile of water being as good as any other. It would be great if the waters had some particularly fish rich areas, which could then be indicated by some visual cues - like you get in RL with something like salmon jumping, or seeing schools of fish feeding near the surface - where your chances of catching fish, or even a particular type of fish (like salmon/trout at rapids) were increased.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 06:41:55 PM »
Any plans to have some visual indicators of particularly fishy fishing grounds? I guess the current fishing works on a more or less random basis, because you don't actually track individual fishes like you do with animals, so that when you fish, the game just calculates a probability of catching a fish based on some modifiers (like skill), with one tile of water being as good as any other. It would be great if the waters had some particularly fish rich areas, which could then be indicated by some visual cues - like you get in RL with something like salmon jumping, or seeing schools of fish feeding near the surface - where your chances of catching fish, or even a particular type of fish (like salmon/trout at rapids) were increased.

No plans for that (at the moment). I guess this was discussed in some of the suggestions. Try searching the latest suggestion marathon replies.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »
Here’s the most relevant discussion in the Suggestion subforum.

anything