Topic: Arrow physics while shooting seal / water fowl  (Read 4513 times)

Kreivos

« on: November 05, 2020, 07:01:33 AM »
I think the arrow flight paths could use a bit modifying when shooting seals / water fowl. I tried hunting seals from a punt and missing the seal some 10-20m away resulted the arrows flying 100-300m past the target. The aimpoint being generally downwards this seems funky  :)

Also: bouncing arrows?

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 03:46:54 PM »
Arrows do skip, same as when you throw rocks to skip them on the water’s surface.

But yes, occasionally arrows ingame fly a lot further than expected from the angle.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »
I think the arrow flight paths could use a bit modifying when shooting seals / water fowl. I tried hunting seals from a punt and missing the seal some 10-20m away resulted the arrows flying 100-300m past the target. The aimpoint being generally downwards this seems funky  :)

Also: bouncing arrows?

Projectile physics are modelled very precisely, so if the aimpoint really has been downwards this sounds like a bug. But we don’t know the actual shooting setup you had, and this is just one case example. So, test again with similar setup and report as a bug if you really find it happening.
Arrows shot in the water don’t bounce. Not in the game, nor in the real life.
Historically there have been special bouncing arrows, which we’d like to feature at some point, but they can travel beyond the first impact only tens, not hundreds of meters.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything