Topic: Since calves' graphic is resized...  (Read 4467 times)

Buoidda

« on: December 21, 2020, 10:16:42 AM »
So I modded some elk tracks and noticed the lack of dedicated calf graphic, which lead me to think the calves' graphic in game is actually just resized adult one.

And I immediately though that it would be relatively simple to have this:

• in late spring and summer you'd meet the tiny calves we see now
  • in autumn and winter (winter fur time) they'd be say, about 50%, of the adult

Of course the meat yield and skin sizes would vary accordingly.

Btw: the antler graphics don't fit on calves at all - maybe have a antlerless version of adult reindeer too during the period they drop them and when they are still growing and unusable as material (spring-summer for doe, december-spring-summer for bull: for instance, irl there's some variation)

Anyway, this is not urgent. Only wrote it down because of the more urgent skin size suggestion touched this topic: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6105.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 08:00:41 PM by Buoidda »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
So I modded some elk tracks and noticed the lack of dedicated calf graphic, which lead me to think the calves' graphic in game is actually just resized adult one.

And I immediately though that it would be relatively simple to have this:

• in late spring and summer you'd meet the tiny calves we see now
  • in autumn and winter (winter fur time) they'd be say, about 50%, of the adult

Of course the meat yield and skin sizes would vary accordingly.

This all is featured already. The calves graphic icon grows as they grow. Their skin and meat yield is based on their size.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything