Topic: How to make new items appear in settlements?  (Read 3247 times)

paulkorotoon

« on: October 09, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
Hello there, adventurers!

So, I've finally managed to stay alive long enough to build wealth. It took me, like, fifteen deaths, hehehe. Now I'm trying to trade the whole of masterwork armour, but it seems pretty hard so it would be really good to find a way of doing it faster. So far I've got spectacle helm, mail cowl and a couple of mail leggins.

Eventually I travel to the Driik and search every settlement for masterwork armour pieces, but it's still unclear for me how does items respawn work. Do new items just spawn instead of previous ones that lay in buildings? Or does new stuff appear instead of bought goods only? Do I have to buy all the items to increase chances of masterwork armour to spawn in this particular settlement? How long should I wait before checking again?

Spoiler: show
Sorry for possible spelling mistakes, I'm Russian.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:33:31 PM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 09:12:24 PM »
 Item refresh occurs slowly over time.
So if you buy all town goods, then leave for say 4 weeks, on your return a small amount of items may be there, Not full replace or refresh.

For the items you are seeking the 'blue coats' Foreign Traders are far more likely to be selling... or wearing them ;)
You need furs to make deals with these traders.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
Item refresh occurs slowly over time.
So if you buy all town goods, then leave for say 4 weeks, on your return a small amount of items may be there, Not full replace or refresh.
Thanks for the answer! However, does it mean that full refresh never happens or do I just need to wait for a significally longer time?

For the items you are seeking the 'blue coats' Foreign Traders are far more likely to be selling... or wearing them ;)
You need furs to make deals with these traders.
Yep, I know that. Have got a plenty of expensive furs and a couple of reindeers to carry them. No success so far, traders mostly carry decent or fine stuff. I guess they rarely offer masterwork goods as well... Don't wanna rob them, for this time I'm playing a good character.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:36:21 PM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

PALU

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 12:05:37 AM »
Traders do carry masterworks items, but yes, they're not that common.

Items are gradually replaced over time, but I don't know if there are replacement timers, or if a random set of items are removed and a random set of items are added (in which case an item might disappear the next cycle, or it might take decades).
Items are definitely placed in at least two groups, as seeds and agricultural produce follow the natural yearly cycle, while the manufactured items don't. Item replacement is slow enough that you can mark villages that have desirable items, work to get the means to buy them, and have a good chance to actually find the items still remaining in the village. Thus, if game calendar time is the important factor, traveling wide (in particular to Driik) will get stuff a lot faster than waiting for goods replacement. Foreign traders are good in that groups travel through and then disappear, so each new group will have a new set of goods, although their item selection is limited to what can be called "weapons" and armor. Don't expect to find carving axes in their inventory, but ordinary axes (primarily for felling trees) are somehow sufficiently much weapons for them to be carried (at least that's my reasoning for why their selection is the way it is). Foreign traders also carry jewelry (high value per unit of weight).

paulkorotoon

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 07:48:08 AM »
Thanks, PALU.

So, I've visited all of Driik settlements, buying an item here and couple there, and put everywhere markers recording what I've traded and what precious items are still available. Now going to live through winter and travel there again. I'll post here whatever I figure out, as this gap in game mechanics knowledge is worth efforts to fill, I think.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:54:15 AM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan