Topic: Need help on the "Kaumo furs" quest  (Read 5376 times)

skyleaf

« on: August 29, 2020, 05:18:50 PM »
I hunted down 3 elks and a bear, skinned and processed in the Kaumo territory and the mission still haven't count as finished.
The quest said "..your task is to hunt for a valued fur bearing animal and use your hideworking skill to skin it.."
if elk furs aren't valuable enough, isn't bear fur one of the most valuable fur in the game?
What exactly I have to do to finish this quest?

MrMotorhead

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »
I think they are asking for one of the high value per weight furs.  Fox will work or lynx, or probably any of the weasels.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:52:03 PM »
ALL it takes is for a Fine quality fur to be skinned. I've done the quest several times with just a Fine squirrel fur. As soon as you skin off that Fine quality fur, the quest will update your success.

BUT, it has to be within Kaumo lands!!

skyleaf

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 03:29:51 AM »
I think they are asking for one of the high value per weight furs.  Fox will work or lynx, or probably any of the weasels.

If that is the case, I think I need to stay in Kaumo lands for a while. Haven't seem any lynx/ glutton for months.

ALL it takes is for a Fine quality fur to be skinned. I've done the quest several times with just a Fine squirrel fur. As soon as you skin off that Fine quality fur, the quest will update your success.

BUT, it has to be within Kaumo lands!!

That's weird, all 4 furs I acquired are in fine quality   :-\

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 07:11:20 AM »
Did you take the animals within Kaumo lands? Not No-Man's Land, right? Skinned in Kaumo lands, too?

I can vouch for my experience with this quest. Perhaps Sami can say if there have been any changes with the last patch?

skyleaf

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 12:44:04 PM »
Did you take the animals within Kaumo lands? Not No-Man's Land, right? Skinned in Kaumo lands, too?

I can vouch for my experience with this quest. Perhaps Sami can say if there have been any changes with the last patch?

Haven't pay close attention to where I skin the animals but shall be within the the Kaumo land, and the chance of skinning animals in No man's land four consecutive times is pretty slim i guess.  :'(

skyleaf

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 02:49:06 PM »
So before I have to return my settlement to resupply, I managed to hunt down another elk and obtained another fine elk skin, and this time I can confirm the location where I skin the elk shall absolutely be Kaumo land. I guess I have to spent my summer here for lynx and beaver's fur then.  :-*

Plotinus

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 03:13:59 PM »
I've never gotten it to complete with an elk or forest reindeer fur. I always just wander around until I find a squirrel because they're easy and I know they work.

PALU

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 05:32:55 PM »
Have you tried tanning the skin in Kaumo lands as well, so the skin is actually finished there? I believe I've done the quest with mid size creatures such as foxes, but since I haven't had problems I haven't paid particular attention (fox pawboards are easy to bring and hunt with).

Plotinus

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:12 PM »
I have and elks and forest reindeer don't work.

I think you are right that it does have to be tanned in Kaumo as well. At least, I never want to risk it so I always stay in kaumo to do the tanning.

skyleaf

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
Interestingly, several months later I go back to Kaumo land and go hunting. 2 elks later, the quest still remain unfinished. However after I hunted down forest reindeer and the quest suddenly completed right after I skinned the reindeer. Still don't know the exact condition to finish the quest, but I guess elk certainly don't count as the fur requested in the mission. Anyway thank you guys for helping :D

Plotinus

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 01:21:42 PM »
Looks like I was wrong about the forest reindeer, thanks for the information. I wonder if quality affects it and forest reindeer is on the edge of acceptable? It has been a long time since I tried a forest reindeer so maybe I got a harsh or ragged skin and didn't realise I needed to do better.

Do you remember what quality the skin was when you skinned it? Alternatively, what month of the year is it? Winter furs are thicker, warmer, more valuable.

skyleaf

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »
It's in fine quality, can't remember the exact month, should be around dirt month through. If I recall correctly, it should an ordinary fine reindeer skin rather than fine winter reindeer skin.

Plotinus

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:42:59 AM »
Thank you!

JP_Finn

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 09:01:55 PM »
Fine winter elk skin didn’t fulfill the task. Fine winter squirrel skin did. Yes, both in  Western Kaumo. And no need to even clean the squirrel skin.

anything