Topic: [3.63 - not a bug] Smoked meat/fish in villages is spoiled right away  (Read 5262 times)

Dogiuks

« on: August 20, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »
New save, tried smoking fish and meat in the village and in 2 out of 3 villages it came out spoiled.

Not entirely sure what was the difference between the attempts. I used mods at first, but later I have removed mods and still managed to spoil some fish.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:22:18 AM by Sami »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 06:13:48 PM »
Did you stay in the village lighting the fire every day? Sometimes villagers let their fires go out. I haven't had trouble smoking meat in villages when I visited the village every day.

MrMotorhead

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 06:16:05 PM »
This is expected behavior for the changes in 3.63.

In order to successfully smoke food, you must maintain a fire (nearly) every day.  The surprising thing is that it worked one time, which means that the villagers maintained a fire for you on that attempt.  I did not know they would do things while the player is away from the village.

In my playing I have had success smoking meat but have not left the cabin without a heated fire for more than an overnight trip a few times during smoking.

Dogiuks

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 08:37:53 PM »
Thanks, haven't played this game in a while and still expect things to work like they used to.