Topic: squeezing damage?  (Read 3715 times)

skyleaf

« on: July 26, 2021, 05:00:02 AM »
What kind of weapon/ enemy would inflict such type of damage? Is this type damage still exists in game? thanks :)

Galgana

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:10:25 AM »
Bear hugs for certain. I believe deadfall traps are also capable of crushing victims.

skyleaf

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »
Bear hugs? Never thought this kind of attack exists. Probably won't have a chance to experience such thing through.  :-\

trowftd

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 08:16:06 PM »
Hmm... Are you by any chance meant to say "blunt" damage? If you are using a translation website it might have got lost in the translation. If what you mean is "blunt" damage; clubs, maces, blunt arrows, staves (staff for singular), throwing rocks and stones, grainflail and small flails, although flails are not used that much in fighting, are great for blunt damage attacks.

You can also choose to attack with the (B)lunt option of any weapon, but don't expect a tiny knife to do much blunt damage. I hope I could help.

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
I've seen squeeze damage from bears versions ago but since then I only fight bears who are trapped by throwing stones at them so I haven't been hugged recently.

It's probably still in the game; there hasn't been anything about it being removed and you can see your squeeze protection on the F7 screen.

trowftd

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 09:01:09 PM »
I've seen squeeze damage from bears versions ago but since then I only fight bears who are trapped by throwing stones at them so I haven't been hugged recently.

Ah, okay then. I didn't know such a specific type of attack existed. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any bear hugs. ;D

ineedcords

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 09:53:24 PM »
There are some hints in urw_combat.txt file, note the emboldened line:
rg -i squeeze | tail -n5
messages\urw_combat.txt:// value: POINT/EDGE/BLUNT/POINT/BITE/CLAW/SQUEEZE
messages\urw_combat.txt:// PAW, SQUEEZE, HOOF, ANTLER, HORN, TUSK, BEAK
messages\urw_combat.txt:// for previous version compatibility also use: paw,squeeze,horn,hoof,tusk,antler,beak
messages\urw_combat.txt:[SQUEEZE:to crush]
messages\urw_combat.txt:[SQUEEZE:paws grab]

And in the game log, squeeze damage (crush) attack by a bear manifests itself as so:
msglog.txt:(000000):29gh:[T]{05C8047C}      | The female bear tries to crush you.
msglog.txt:(000000):f5h3:[T]{046303D3}      | The bear tries to crush TWO truck.
msglog.txt:(000000):f5h3:[T]{046303D3}      | The bear tries to crush you.
msglog.txt:(000000):f5h3:[T]{046303D3}      | The bear tries to crush Dolores.
msglog.txt:(000000):q5hj:[T]{049503CA}      | The female bear tries to crush Dolores.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.