Topic: I encountered a merchant entering the village tile today  (Read 3573 times)

甜汤

« on: July 25, 2020, 11:14:43 AM »
I encountered a merchant entering the village tile today. Will the merchant also trade with the village?
Does the merchant’s list of goods have anything to do with the cultural area?
In the north, I met many merchants, but they don't sell small knife or broad knife. I don't know if it's bad luck or because of something. The common ones are all kinds of swords and axes. Sometimes there are bows , shields, crosses bows are relatively rare. Will merchants sell weapons of northen culture and kaumo culture?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
I don't believe UrW simulates any exchange of goods between villages and merchants except in very abstract terms: their goods change with the season for farm goods, and other stock is slowly turned over over time.

Merchants are said to be foreign traders from the west, even though their names suggest they're from the southwest. Because of that, their stock doesn't change depending on which customers they visit.

It seems merchants only carry "weapons" and armor, but not "tools" (I'd consider a woodsman's axe to be a tool primarily, but whatever). Since the traders are foreigners selling goods from their home, they won't carry local merchandise.

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
I don't believe UrW simulates any exchange of goods between villages and merchants except in very abstract terms: their goods change with the season for farm goods, and other stock is slowly turned over over time.

Merchants are said to be foreign traders from the west, even though their names suggest they're from the southwest. Because of that, their stock doesn't change depending on which customers they visit.

It seems merchants only carry "weapons" and armor, but not "tools" (I'd consider a woodsman's axe to be a tool primarily, but whatever). Since the traders are foreigners selling goods from their home, they won't carry local merchandise.

I have visited all the villages, I bought 30 puts, but I have not found masterwork small knife and masterwork broad knife

PALU

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »
They're hard to find. You tend to have the best luck in Driik territory.

甜汤

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »
They're hard to find. You tend to have the best luck in Driik territory.

Driik is wealthy, and other places, fur, roast meat, seeds, vegetables, animals

Although it was difficult to persist, I completed the search and it turned out that I did not find the goods I needed. Will the goods in the village be refreshed? I know that fur and food will change, but will weapons, masterpiece weapons, be refreshed? I received two assignments about branch, but I found that they have never used branch. One year has passed and the numbers are still the same

PALU

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 06:19:04 PM »
Armor, weapons, etc. are turned over but a much slower rate than the rest of the items.

The part about "branch" doesn't make any sense to me, so I assume it has been lost in translation.

Erkka

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »
The part about "branch" doesn't make any sense to me, so I assume it has been lost in translation.

I'd guess that refers to the quest; Villagers ask for a certain amount of branches - but they never seem to do anything with those branches, after one year the branches are still there unused. So, the simulation is not (yet) that detailed.

But otherwise, as others have mentioned, village inventories are slowly refreshed.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

甜汤

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 07:35:02 AM »

I'd guess that refers to the quest; Villagers ask for a certain amount of branches - but they never seem to do anything with those branches, after one year the branches are still there unused. So, the simulation is not (yet) that detailed.

But otherwise, as others have mentioned, village inventories are slowly refreshed.

Yes, you are right