Topic: family ties in the village?  (Read 5111 times)

Kararas

« on: May 03, 2020, 01:19:06 PM »
Hmmm ... there are children, old people and girls in the villages. It is obvious that they all have a family connection with each other. I would also like to know the age of the hunter from the neighboring village, whom I help. This could be a separate issue in the dialogue: Tell me  about their family / about themselves. Residents could answer: I am a son (name) and (name) to me (age) and I have a wife (name) I am a hunter. They can only answer if they have a good relationship, if they are bad they will probably answer:  I am not talking to you about this, traveler

PALU

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »
Actually, all the kids are boys, and all the old people are men (unless the women are ageless, so you can't see that they're actually old).

I agree that fleshing this out would be a useful addition along the path towards PC families.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »
I recall dev note mentioning adding girls, young men and old women/wives.

I’m especially curious what kind of “insights” the old women/wives will let me in on, once my relationship with the village is great. There’s also mention of adding dreams. Maybe they’ll have connection; help interpret the dreams meaning?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »
Hmmm ... there are children, old people and girls in the villages. It is obvious that they all have a family connection with each other. I would also like to know the age of the hunter from the neighboring village, whom I help. This could be a separate issue in the dialogue: Tell me  about their family / about themselves. Residents could answer: I am a son (name) and (name) to me (age) and I have a wife (name) I am a hunter. They can only answer if they have a good relationship, if they are bad they will probably answer:  I am not talking to you about this, traveler

We'd like to feature this, the family relationships between the villagers. We've always wanted to feature this, but it has gotten buried under the...well...the usual evergrowing workload of other things. The age and other little details would also bring in more depth to NPCs.
- Sami | UnReal World creator