Topic: Well  (Read 5545 times)

Ara D.

« on: February 21, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »
Ask for location of village well

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:49:17 PM »
This is a great suggestion. They're really hard to find especially in winter when the ice blends in with the snow. Whenever I visit a village in summer I put little branches in a circle around the well so that i can find it later.

ineedcords

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 12:49:18 AM »
Good idea to be able to ask it. Hope it gets implemented soon.
also a good tip to mark nearby villages pre-ice age, cheers
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »
Good suggestion!

Also, it'd make sense if the villagers would access the water themselves, so it's not frozen solid thick.
Maybe add graphic of well ring and plank cover, then it'd be easy to spot and allow the water to be accessed without breaking the ice in winter.
Alternative graphic would be a shadoof. Family farm my dad was born* on in 1946 (no electricity, no running water, root cellar,  outhouse et cetera) had, likely still does have, a working shadoof in the yard.

*yes, born in the sauna before anyone asks  :D

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Ask for location of village well

Would be quite simple addition, we’ll consider and likely add it up soon. I don’t consider those little village puddles always being wells, so the question will probably end up to be something like “Where’s your water supply?”.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Mata Hari

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
I also support JP_Finn's idea of reduced ice on the village water supplies, as in theory they are used on a daily basis by the villagers, there should not be a whole winter's worth of ice cover on them :P

anything