Topic: Food spoliling drops items  (Read 11148 times)

spnreptile

« on: May 28, 2017, 09:22:25 AM »
When my food spoils i first get message "You carry too much! Excess items are now put on the ground." and right after that "Something in your pack smells foul.". The items dropped are all my eatable (cooked, dried, smoke etc) food. It has happened more then once and last time it happened i checked that i had 83 different type of items so it might be because i have loads of stuff with me (have not happened when i have few items, less then 20). The other times it happened i also had load of stuff, like 50+ different items. I could pick the dropped items up again with no problems. Also its not random chance or anything, last time i reloaded 3 times and every time happened same thing.
I´m not active in forums so if this bug gets fixed or moved to some collection of bugs then forum admin can delete this topic, so the bug report board is tidy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:38:59 AM by spnreptile »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 11:07:58 AM »
There is a bug when carrying close to the maximum number of items and the food spoilage check is made. I think the spoil check items are removed from the pack and then added back after potential degradation (which doesn't have to result in any visible change), but the removal doesn't reduce the count of items carried, so when adding them back the limit check cuts in and things are dropped. The item count is probably adjusted at the end of the whole transaction.

spnreptile

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:39:29 AM »
Figured it´s something like that but did not see any topic about it in the bug reports so posted this. If its already know and in queue for fix then should i delete this topic?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 02:51:55 PM »
I posted a bug report on the old board sometime late last year, I think. I don't think it's a problem if there's a bug report on this board, though.

God

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:53:13 PM »
I have experienced this as well, it is an issue.

anything