Topic: Why is this mod the laughing stock of hoi4 modding on unrealworld?  (Read 4767 times)

tejas110

« on: December 23, 2020, 03:21:33 PM »
Like i believe that this mod is a pretty fun version of an alternate entente victory, sevres actually goes according to plan, irish rebellion fails etc like i think it's a fun mod so why is it the laughing stock of the modding community  on unrealworld

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »
What are you talking about?

You don't even mention what mod you mean.

I've not seen much HoI4 talk here either.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 04:42:02 PM »
Brygun, this is another incursion by a spam-bot. Admins have some measures in place, to limit the getting in, but some do sneak in.

Erkka

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
Seems like another of those bots posting copypasted text from reddit. I deleted the spambot useraccount.

We have a hidden system monitoring all new users, comparing them against a vast database of known spambots. And then another layer, visible to the user, is hCaptcha. Unfortunately, it seems like every now and then a spambot manages to get through the defences. At the moment I can't think of any further means without making it too clumsy for real users, so we just need keep our eyes open for bot accounts.

(I'll leave this topic here, usually I delete both the user account and all the posts made by that account. But since we have this bot-related discussion here, I let it be.)
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

anything