Topic: [Outdated][3.71][3.63][3.62] URWCharacterMenu v1.0.4b  (Read 79709 times)

azalot

« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2020, 11:21:11 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported before but F-Secure diagnoses the executable as malware. It is an heuristic diagnosis so it may be a false positive. Just a heads-up anyway.

MattHatter42

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2020, 06:20:21 AM »
Kinda confused on how the inventory screen works. Do you have a tutorial?

Night

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »
Kinda confused on how the inventory screen works. Do you have a tutorial?

I'll write something on it tomorrow to help clarify how to use it.
Tomorrow as in when I wake up that is ;).

Here is a detailed screenshot of how the inventory editor functions:
http://prntscr.com/v9pku9
@MattHatter42

Unhandled exception error, this time after firing up URWCharacterMenu and trying to select a row in the inventory tab. Some item IDs are showing as being above 60000 and I think it doesn't like that. I can "continue" from there and not quit the program, but I'm effectively locked out of modifying stuff that appears as having an ID above 60000. I did keep a spare save this time, which I can share if needed.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '61285' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)

Ill fix this shortly, ID max of the numeric updown is 60000 I think, ill see if i can calculate a max size for the array in the game. Though, it does seem like a very high number of unique ID's already.
@BlankPaper

Bug report : While editing tribe name, the 'n' is force attached behind. ex:'the huntern', 'the mann'

Not exactly sure what you mean here but I'll try to reproduce it and let you know, as there's been formatting problems in the past before. @morrneyo
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:48:13 PM by Night »
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

BirdiesGrimm

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2021, 07:57:10 AM »
Any news on an update for 3.7.0, I tried to see if the current version of the mod works with the beta, and no dice.  :'(

I love all your work and wish you the best.

ineedcords

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2021, 12:33:36 PM »
Any news on an update for 3.7.0, I tried to see if the current version of the mod works with the beta, and no dice.  :'(

Workaround: you can create the character in v.3.63 and then upgrade to v.3.70 to play that char.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Night

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2021, 10:53:06 PM »

When I can, is probably the best answer I can give you for an update.

I've been thinking about that answer for about 30 minutes now so, hopefully that's better than a dishonest response or nothing at all lol. I've just got a lot on my mind. Updating the addresses isn't a very hard task to do, I just want to do more than that, and I don't know when I'll have the stroke of motivation to do what I want to do with this project. Maybe soon, maybe not. I've been working on implementing containers into the URWME project, still have some loose ends to tie up on that but maybe after I get that functioning I can return to working on a superior version of this.

I may end up updating the addresses before that, but, I don't know. I was also hoping to do it after stable release, but yea. We'll see. I appreciate the support, it has definitely helped along the way.

Also, neat workaround by ineedcords there, for some functionality.

BirdiesGrimm

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2021, 12:51:37 AM »
I completely understand your mental and physical health is worth way more than anything here. I'd rather you spend your time in what is best/most fun for you. Take care of yourself

Bert Preast

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2021, 01:35:16 PM »
Edit - scratch the below, it's me being an idiot.  I had been trying to use the character menu for 3.63 with 3.62, which of course didn't work.  I just spotted there is also a character menu for 3.62 which of course works fine!  And 3.62 is the free version so no problem to download, make a character, then migrate to 3.70  :)

Workaround: you can create the character in v.3.63 and then upgrade to v.3.70 to play that char.

Not so simple if you're using the Steam version; it won't let me download 3.63 because it knows I already did that, even though I subsequently installed the 3.70 Beta-3.  URW is the first game I have played via Steam so if there is a way to have dual installations that I have failed to spot, then I would be happy to hear it!

I assume the solution is to uninstall 3.70, reinstall 3.63, make the character, then uninstall 3.63 and reinstall 3.70 again.  I think I am correct in saying that as long as I back up my character folders before doing this, I should be able to go back to 3.70 without any problems.  Can anyone confirm this?  I would be gutted if it messed up the characters I am already playing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 02:15:21 PM by Bert Preast »

trowftd

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2021, 03:54:42 PM »
I assume the solution is to uninstall 3.70, reinstall 3.63, make the character, then uninstall 3.63 and reinstall 3.70 again.  I think I am correct in saying that as long as I back up my character folders before doing this, I should be able to go back to 3.70 without any problems.  Can anyone confirm this?  I would be gutted if it messed up the characters I am already playing.

I did this and it seems to work but I would create a copy of my characters just in case something bad happens. My character did not have any of the new added items in 3.70b for example. So I can not say anything about the items you have on your character, they might get deleted when you downgrade from 3.70b to 3.63. You can view your game location by right clicking on the game, Manage and the Browse local files. You should see a folder same name with your character, copy it somewhere else and you should be fine.

ineedcords

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »
<snip>
Not so simple if you're using the Steam version; it won't let me download 3.63 because it knows I already did that, even though I subsequently installed the 3.70 Beta-3.  URW is the first game I have played via Steam so if there is a way to have dual installations that I have failed to spot, then I would be happy to hear it!
<snip>
You are right, Steam will not let you have two version of the same application but luckily for you Steam does not control your computer and you do :)
You of course can get two legal versions of UnrealWorld on your computer using copy and paste method.

You could try the steps below -- it looks like a novel but it's just 4-5 minute work.

Step 1: (An optional but recommended step) First, back up your savegame directory/directories first.
For example if you are playing a character called 'JohnDoe', and if your Steam is installed (on your presumably Windows PC) at the default path ("C:\Program Files\Steam\"), then you want to:
Step 1a: go to the path "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\UnRealWorld\" and right click on the "JohnDoe" directory and click COPY and then
Step 1b: go to somewhere else, for example your Desktop, and right click PASTE.
Step 1c: do the same if you have other characters such as "JaneDoe" etc. in the same directory.

Step 2: Go to Steam application, disable the UnrealWorld beta program, thus take your Steam-UnrealWorld installation back to the current latest-and-greatest-STABLE-(non-beta)-version, which is v.3.63.

Step 3a: Using Windows Explorer, go to the directory which contains UnrealWorld game installation directory.
In this example, that would be at the path "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\".
Step 3b: Right click on "UnrealWorld" and click COPY and then
Step 3c: go to somewhere else, for example your Desktop, and right click PASTE.
Now on your desktop you have a UnrealWorld v.3.63 installation.
To be crystal clear this is a duplicate copy and it is forever disconnected from the one that resides in your Steam directory.
If UnrealWorld v.4 is released and you update to it via Steam, the one on your desktop will stay as 3.63.
If you uninstall UnrealWorld via Steam (of course no actual human would ever do that but for the sake of argument let's say insanity took over and you didn't love this game any more ;) ) Steam copy will go away but the Desktop one will stay, unless you manually delete it from your Desktop.

4. Go back to Steam application, choose to activate the beta program once again thus taking your Steam-managed UnrealWorld version back to 3.70beta3 level.
To be crystal clear once more, this step-4 action will update "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\UnRealWorld\" but it will not touch the Desktop one.
---

At this point in time, you should have two things:
1) Inside your Steam-managed UnrealWorld directory, version 3.70beta3. To be clear, it is here -> "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\UnRealWorld\"
2) Inside your Desktop UnrealWorld directory, version 3.63. To be clear, it is here -> "C:\Users\<yourWindowsUsername>\Desktop\UnRealWorld\"

With this setup, you can go to v.3.63, create a new character, it will create a new savegame directory for the character, such as:
"C:\Users\<yourWindowsUsername>\Desktop\UnRealWorld\<newCharacterName>"

You modify it with the tool provided by Night in this thread.

You then copy & paste the now-modified version, from: "C:\Users\<yourWindowsUsername>\Desktop\UnRealWorld\<newCharacterName>" into the Steam location, here: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\UnRealWorld\".

If you do try this and all works, enjoy (it should work by the way). Should you experience issues, post here and we will try and help further...
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2021, 04:24:48 AM »
As (if, for other subscribers) you’ve bought the Steam version of the game, you can contact Sami/Erkka for “Lifetime supporter” status on this forum. Then simply download the standalone version you need. And keep your Steam setup as is.

trowftd

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2021, 01:44:23 PM »
As (if, for other subscribers) you’ve bought the Steam version of the game, you can contact Sami/Erkka for “Lifetime supporter” status on this forum. Then simply download the standalone version you need. And keep your Steam setup as is.
I might do that as well. How early the standalone versions go? I would like to have some retro URW experience. ;D

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2021, 06:29:13 PM »
Not that much back actually, the previous versions are/were on the old Invision forum. I recall Erkka posted another repository too few months back (maybe around April-May?)

GrimmSpector

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2021, 10:32:41 PM »

If you need some help. I can try to learn the basics and provide some assistance.

When I can, is probably the best answer I can give you for an update.

I've been thinking about that answer for about 30 minutes now so, hopefully that's better than a dishonest response or nothing at all lol. I've just got a lot on my mind. Updating the addresses isn't a very hard task to do, I just want to do more than that, and I don't know when I'll have the stroke of motivation to do what I want to do with this project. Maybe soon, maybe not. I've been working on implementing containers into the URWME project, still have some loose ends to tie up on that but maybe after I get that functioning I can return to working on a superior version of this.

I may end up updating the addresses before that, but, I don't know. I was also hoping to do it after stable release, but yea. We'll see. I appreciate the support, it has definitely helped along the way.

Also, neat workaround by ineedcords there, for some functionality.

Night

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2021, 02:40:03 AM »
If you need some help. I can try to learn the basics and provide some assistance.

Drop me a message on discord (Night#9736) or skype (xxvnightvxx) if you'd like.

anything