Topic: [Outdated][3.71][3.63][3.62] URWCharacterMenu v1.0.4b  (Read 79751 times)

xycg

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
It worked great, but only first time I used it.

Then:
Loading saved character - nothing, not detecting character
Making new character - nothing, not detecting character.

I'm using Steam (3.61) version.

Night

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 07:05:28 PM »
It worked great, but only first time I used it.

Then:
Loading saved character - nothing, not detecting character
Making new character - nothing, not detecting character.

I'm using Steam (3.61) version.

Yes there was a patch earlier this morning. I will be updating this at some point today; probably within the next 8 hours.

I will upload the updated version when im on the laptop next. May be a little later than I intended, but its all ready to go.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:06:28 AM by Night »
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Night

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 10:20:07 PM »
~Updated for Feb 2nd steam patch. Left old download on here incase for some reason the new version doesn't work for some people.

Is there any way to make it so you can do the game courses over again?  I'd like to go through Advanced Adventures a second time

Forgot to include this, will add next time.

Suggestion. Injury remover. Cheers  ;D

Or maybe an injury editor. Sometimes, I want a difficult start with more injuries than Hurt, Helpless and Afraid gives. Thanks and awesome work, so far.

Added injury remover, working on injury editor.

Short change Log: Fixed multiple bugs in inventory editor, fixed bugs with waypoints saving/loading, added some features, improved inventory editor, fixed version checking.

hagamablabla

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 01:49:40 AM »
Thank you! :D

EDIT: I gave it a try, and I'm getting an error when I start the editor:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '254' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

I'm using a fresh install of the free 3.61 version of the game. I'm not sure if there's any difference between the free and Steam versions, and if that could be causing an error.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:25:24 AM by hagamablabla »

StefanPravda

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 02:08:52 AM »
Stargate here I come!

Night

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
Thank you! :D

EDIT: I gave it a try, and I'm getting an error when I start the editor:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '254' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

I'm using a fresh install of the free 3.61 version of the game. I'm not sure if there's any difference between the free and Steam versions, and if that could be causing an error.

Steam version and free version may have different addresses. I will confirm shortly and update appropriately.

Yes it appears the steam version updated one of their files which affected the addresses for steam users.
the previous version (1.0.1c) should still work for non-steam users, but I will start providing another binary for the standalone.

Added labeled downloads for steam vs standalone version.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:35:59 AM by Night »

xycg

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
Thank you.

hagamablabla

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »
It works now, thank you!

marginoferror

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2020, 05:51:00 AM »
This is awesome! Thank you.

I tried to use 1.0.2 to edit my character stats during creation (before skill allocation) as I had with 1.0.1c earlier. But, it caused a crash later in character creation right before I spawned in (after I chose the course). The problem may be related to my character's surname; the Driik have a special character in their tribal name which was mangled when read by the CharacterMenu app and then re-mangled when written.

Night

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2020, 10:06:51 PM »
This is awesome! Thank you.

I tried to use 1.0.2 to edit my character stats during creation (before skill allocation) as I had with 1.0.1c earlier. But, it caused a crash later in character creation right before I spawned in (after I chose the course). The problem may be related to my character's surname; the Driik have a special character in their tribal name which was mangled when read by the CharacterMenu app and then re-mangled when written.

Weird seeing as I updated the strings to handle the correct encoding, shouldn't be editing the special characters wrong anymore. I will look into this. Thanks for the post.

Seems to be the encoding the game uses is slightly modified. Going to have to manually map the characters by hand, should be fixed next update. (not sure why this would affect your stats still).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:17:36 PM by Night »

hagamablabla

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2020, 02:41:40 AM »
Hey Night, I was just curious: how did you make the X-ray vision option? Was there already something in the game that let you toggle it, or did you have to script it somehow?

Night

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2020, 05:56:33 AM »
Hey Night, I was just curious: how did you make the X-ray vision option? Was there already something in the game that let you toggle it, or did you have to script it somehow?

"X-Ray vision" was probably a poor choice of words on my part, but basically It sets your character to be detected as "in a tree", so you gain the sight properties as if you had climbed a tree to get a better view.

@marginoferror figured out the problem with improper formatting, still not sure why you crashed though. I will replicate your other steps and see what i come up with
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:44:31 AM by Night »

WalkerBoh

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2020, 04:28:24 AM »
Night,

Wanted to write you and thank you for this great mod/tool.  I am excited for the Item Editor, because (I feel) some of the game objects are too heavy.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:49:16 AM by WalkerBoh »

marginoferror

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »
@marginoferror figured out the problem with improper formatting, still not sure why you crashed though. I will replicate your other steps and see what i come up with

FWIW I have not seen such a crash since, and it's even possible that this instance was unrelated to your utility.

ucchigoro

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2020, 06:08:08 AM »
thanks for the great software, cant wait to have to npc spawner ;p

anything