Topic: Finding Bears in winter  (Read 4688 times)

Acolyte

« on: October 30, 2019, 05:53:33 AM »
Is it just a matter of looking in every cave?
Will they be found in caves?
When do they start hibernating and when do they stop (approximately, of course)?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to complete the Advanced Adventures before spring if I can.  ;D

Thanks!
   - Shane

jonottawa

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 06:26:07 AM »
I'm getting frustrated looking for bears in caves too. 2 foxes, no bears.

On the bright side, it's soil month now and if they haven't returned from hibernation yet, they will soon.

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:40 AM »
I’ve not found a hibernating bear, anywhere.

Caves have had lynxes, foxes and Njerps.

Sometimes (irl) bears hibernate under uprooted windfall trees. Sometimes against cliff faces with tree(s) as cover. Caves are not as common as in-game.

jonottawa

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 01:51:10 AM »
Swidden just arrived and I found a bear (out in the wild, not in a cave) almost immediately. Maybe that's coincidence or maybe that's when they actually reappear.

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 04:28:44 AM »
I got a quest in middle of Winter month for wounded adventurer that had been mauled by a bear. Sure enough found the fully awake bear next morning.
But that's the only bear I've seen during hibernation period. Bear jerky is great to have.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 07:59:50 PM »
I've never found a bear in a cave either.  Although I'm still a little cautious each time I go into a cave in winter, just in case.

甜汤

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 10:17:06 PM »
Cave bears are extinct, so there are no bears in the cave ;)
I've never found a bear in a cave. Bad luck

trowftd

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 10:43:46 PM »
Wait. I actually did found a bear in a cave though. It was spring and while I was exploring inside the caves the bear actually roared and I remember it scared the crap outta me. I don't know if the bear was just randomly entered or was planning to hibernate there I don't know but I never thought they were rare.

anything