Topic: Why can't my cows carry more than something like 60 pounds?  (Read 3617 times)

UniversalRanger

« on: August 11, 2019, 04:11:56 AM »
UPDATE:
Yep Privateer, you were right. It's the item slot limit. I just took a 0.2lbs item off of the cow, and then put the 80lbs raft onto the cow. Thanks a lot. I was going to try and find another bull, and who knows how long that was going to take. I would have had the same problem, and I wouldn't know why.

Original:
I bought two cows and a bull. The bull carries a lot, over 500 pounds. However, the cows can't seem to carry more than 60 or so pounds.

Is it that they have to grow more? The cow just says cow. They had a small cow, but I didn't buy that one. I bought the two that say cow.

I thought cows were supposed to be able to carry like 400 pounds or something. Now I regret buying them because they're not cheap.

Is there some way to determine at least a range of how much they can carry before purchasing them?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:35:48 AM by UniversalRanger »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:39:07 AM »
Maybe to many different item slots vs weight limit?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

UniversalRanger

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 06:04:01 AM »
Maybe to many different item slots vs weight limit?

Oooooh, there is an item limit?!

That could be it. I have a lot of different items I'm shoving up there. I put fewer things on the bull because he's going to carry your practice dummy that you weighted at 500 pounds.

Nice mod by the way. I think you should change the words. Currently it says whatever it says while crafting something. I feel like the words should say something like, "Developing muscle-memory for combat with weapon-type."

I realize this isn't the forum for this, and you've probably done all the work you plan on doing with this MOD, but another idea would be to require a player to find an adventurer, a similar NPC, or a foreign trader either in the wilderness or at one of the villages and maybe pay that person to introduce you to fighting with the weapon-type before you can train on the dummy with that weapon-type. A second option in the case that the player cannot find or cannot afford to pay such an NPC is that the player must first gain like 2 or 3 percentage points in combat with the weapon-type before they can train with the combat dummy. The idea is to learn what kinds of moves you need to train on the dummy with when developing muscle-memory.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:25:36 AM by UniversalRanger »

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
 I've considered similar things to what you suggested, mainly for other mods. However, unfortunately you can not 'detect' NPC's through the provided mod interface at this time.

Probably the main reason there is no wool collection in game (via mod) yet.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:43:07 AM »
The player's character has a large number of item slots, while everyone else has a much lower number (20?). It can also be noted that craft (i.e. punt/raft) also have the same type of slot limit.

My large cow is capable of carrying a log (400 lb) but not a trunk (500 lb). The carrying (weight) capacity of creatures is based on their weight. It ought to be different for each individual as each individual provides its own amount of meat when butchered. However, UrW only describes animals as small/medium/large, even though they may fall at different points on the spectrum.

anything