Topic: Custom Starting Items - Freebies  (Read 11027 times)

KKarlssoNN

« on: January 13, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »
This mod allows you to have a sub menu with items that can be created with no requirements and smallest amount of time. They are fine hunter's bow, 10 fine arrows, fine knife, fine fishing rod, fine kaumo spear, and fine woodman's axe. It's designed to be used alongside Brygun And Community mod.

This is meant to used at the start of the game than after issuing the free stuff you should likely save the character, store the diy file and comment out with // the freebie line in the menudef.  This will restore access to the normal multi-line recipes.

From the perspective of roleplaying: Using the abandoned camp scenario as a Kaumo, I left my home to fend for myself and as a parting gift was given or allowed to keep these items i made myself\made by my family\community\ or passed down through generations.

A letter (I'am using Q) must be set in "menudef_BAC.txt" for the sub menu to show up ingame.

This is my first mod ever. Thanks to Brygun and Signatus for help idealizing and technicalities!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 06:12:11 PM by KKarlssoNN »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
It's not working. The sub menu "Freebie" shows up ingame but there's nothing inside it. If someone would look at the files and see if they can tell whats wrong, it would be most appreciated. Going to read some posts and mess around a bit and try to figure it out. derp  :-[   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:21:52 PM by KKarlssoNN »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
Oh!!! I was missing the :'s in the [SUBMENU_START/END Freebie]. The items are there except the knife and woodman's axe. I believe its because i named the knife "fine knife". not sure about the axe, the name i assume. How do i add the fine quality to knife?

Updated .txt

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:05:18 PM by KKarlssoNN »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
So... the hunting bow and 10 arrows are able to be made with just the rock but the spear and fishing rod asks for the regular requirements. Wrong name again?

[SUBMENU_START:Freebie]

.Hunting bow. /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

.Fishing rod. /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

.Spear. /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

.Fine knife. /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

.Woodman's axe. /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

.Arrow. (10) /1m/
{Rock} '+free start'

[SUBMENU_END:Freebie]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:10:09 PM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:41 PM »
"fine" is a quality assigned so its not a base item. You can attempt to get a "fine" by having a skill boost command:

.Knife. /1m/ %50%
{Rock} '+free start'

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 07:13:38 PM »
On the non-rock recipe showing...

The game only allows one recipe to show. I think its the last file loaded that over writes.

So if BAC has a multi-line spear recipe
and freebie has a one line spear recipe
what matters is the load order

You might be able to force the load order by tweaking the diy_XXX.txt file name. Try diy_Z_Freebie.txt

After issuing the free stuff you should likely save the character, store the diy file and comment out with // the freebie line in the menudef.  This will restore access to the normal multi-line recipes
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:15:19 PM by Brygun »

Signatus

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 01:59:19 AM »
It's easier to call your conflicting recipes something else like so:

Code: [Select]
.Test spear. "Spear" *COMMON* /1/
[Name:Spear]

Note it uses the base item "Spear" but also needs to have the name reset (otherwise it will be "Test spear").

To get masterworks, you can up the skill boost and change the skill being used to something you have really high like Tracking. Some skills produce less masterworks on average, so I also have these recipes create 10 items per batch, then discard the excess if I want a masterwork.

Likewise, you can feed yourself by creating dead fish. This is really useful for testing without having to gain a foothold. Or for roleplaying a character who already has a food supply or has been contracted to kill njerpez around the area. Whatever rocks your boat.

You don't really need any ingredient for these to work.

Brygun

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »
Its true you don't need {Rock}. Its my own personal preference to have it to help make sure I don't overlap recipes and to have a space for a comment line.

Signatus

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:32:15 PM »
Here's my test file right now:

Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:TEST]

.Test metal anvil.    "Hunting horn" [effort:0] [phys:arms,hands,stance] *CARPENTRY* /1/ %45%
[NAME:Metal anvil]
[MATERIAL:stone]
[WEIGHT:29]
[PRICE:240]
[TILEGFX:bc-anvil]
[TYPE:tool]

.Test flat iron hammer. "Mace" [effort:0] [phys:arms,hands,stance] *CARPENTRY* %70% /1/
[BLUNT_ATTACK:6]
[EDGE_ATTACK:-1]
[POINT_ATTACK:-1]
[AD_CLASS:1/0]
[MATERIAL:iron]
[WEIGHT:3]
[PRICE:20]
[TILEGFX:bc-hammer]
[NAME:Flat iron hammer]

.Pine salve. "Pine salve leaves" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COMMON* /1/ [noquality]
{Rock} [noquality]
[WEIGHT:0.1]
[NAME:Pine salve]

.Punt. [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COMMON* /1/ [noquality]
{Rock} [noquality]
//{Knife} <Draw knife>
//{Axe} <Adze axe>
{Draw knife} <Hunting knife>

.Test seawater. "Hunting horn" [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COOKERY* [noquality] /1/
[NAME:Sea-water]

.Test make salt. "Salt" [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COOKERY* %20% /1/
{Sea-water} #6# [noquality]
{*pot}
[WEIGHT:0.24]
[NAME:Salt]

.Test cord. "Cord" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/

.Test broad knife. "Broad knife" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Broad knife]

.Test handaxe. "Handaxe" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Handaxe]

.Test club. "Club" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Club]

.Test kaumo spear. "Kaumolais spear" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Kaumolais spear]

.Test javelin. "Javelin" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Javelin]

.Test northern bow. "Northern bow" [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* [patch:10] %100% /1/
[NAME:Northern bow]

.Test arrow. "Arrow" (100) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Arrow]

.Pike. [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COMMON* [noquality] /1/

[SUBMENU_END:TEST]

I use this whenever I need to test stuff or fix things. Note that to make custom items you'll have to define its properties. You can make a 100 pound pike if you want too

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
Works! thanks again guys!

Updated!!!

[SUBMENU_START:Freebie]

.Test hunting bow. "Hunting bow" (1) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Hunting bow]

.Test fishing rod. "Fishing rod" (1) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Fishing rod]

.Test kaumo spear. "Kaumolais spear" (1) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Kaumolais spear]

.Test knife. "Knife" (1) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Knife]

.Test woodsman's axe. "Woodsman's axe" (1) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Woodsman's axe]

.Test arrow. "Arrow" (10) [effort:0] [phys:hands] *TRACKING* %100% /1/
[NAME:Arrow]

[SUBMENU_END:Freebie]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:28:54 PM by KKarlssoNN »

anything