Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336713 times)

treahblade

« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2019, 06:02:31 PM »
You need the file listed in the first post of this topic, BAC mod v059 pre 3.60 beta.zip

Cool thank you, I was able to get it working. I am actually going to buy the game on steam when I can cause its great. I suspect I will need to restart my char when I do that tho?

Brygun

« Reply #361 on: October 16, 2019, 05:26:51 PM »
Though off topic first a little help...

Continuing is quite possible.

You will need to find and then save the character directory. I zip mine. You can reinstall the character directory. It will see them. You can try searching your hard drive by the character name as that is what is used for the directory.

What you need to watch for when changing mods is that there are the graphic files (truetile) from them. IF BAC is the only mod reinstalling BAC in the new game directory will see to that.

As for restarting characters... don't worry... they'll die often enough that you'll get used to it. :-)

Further help on character migration should be in a separate thread.

Brygun

« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
Hey, i have no idea if it's a problem with the mod or the main game, or if i'm getting robbed of one exact not very useful item over and over, but my 'primitive distaff and spindle' keeps disappearing some time after creating it.

Sounds like inventory overflow which is a base game issue. If that's the case its mostly its about having too many things on the map at one time. Best report it in the bug thread.

The only other possibility is a missing graphic:
[TILEGFX:rc-distaff]
which is showing as currently in the BAC truetile directory. Perhaps you didnt copy those into the game's truetile directory. Unzipping inside the game directory "should"(tm) have seen to that.

« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2019, 11:42:49 PM »
So I'm rather new to this game, and started using this mod because I wanted my Finn to be able to survive relatively self sufficiently, then suddenly the stable version comes out.

Is the mod updated to 3.60 Stable?

Brygun

« Reply #364 on: October 30, 2019, 02:18:09 AM »
So I'm rather new to this game, and started using this mod because I wanted my Finn to be able to survive relatively self sufficiently, then suddenly the stable version comes out.

Is the mod updated to 3.60 Stable?

"Should be"

I didn't see anything immediately obvious to stop it from working. I'll give it a closer look shortly.

Brygun

« Reply #365 on: October 30, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
Actually it will need a diy_glossary update at least in order to see the new 3.60 tying item

Game updates over write the diy_ etc so until you recopy in BAC you lose the ability to make new BAC items

The way the mod and game works is any existing item will continue as each instance gets its data attached to it directly save for the reference to a graphic (which don't delete on updates anyway so are still around)

Brygun

« Reply #366 on: October 30, 2019, 04:35:52 PM »
Major update for 3.60 release

New vanilla "withe" settled into BAC tying equipment file
biy fence changes settled into BAC biy file
raft change, or rather agreement on default weight 1200, settled into BAC transport file

santur_bard

« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »
Having graphical bugs with many items here, items appearing with a large coloured square around them, I've screenshotted but files too large to upload here, any ideas? (I am using an old mac) Cheers

Privateer

« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »
Having graphical bugs with many items here, items appearing with a large coloured square around them, I've screenshotted but files too large to upload here, any ideas? (I am using an old mac) Cheers

It's a transparency layer issue. To fix it, all the images (affected) need to have the transparency layer 're-set'
Only apple/mac expose the image issue as far as I know.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »
Brygun here

All BAC graphics are from other modders so they are currently as received.

Short term if you can name of the graphic files with the issue I can see if the Corel Draw package I have can help clear this up.

Long term I/we would need a list of the graphic tiles known to have this issue so once we have a way to fix the first one we can process the others.

I only use Windows equipment so if it is as Privateer describes a Mac/Apple issue I can't directly test it. Could try cleaning the one file and send it to a Mac user to see if it fixed it.

Privateer

« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2019, 08:13:54 PM »

I only use Windows equipment so if it is as Privateer describes a Mac/Apple issue I can't directly test it. Could try cleaning the one file and send it to a Mac user to see if it fixed it.

I'm on windows as well and used "transparent png" to fix images once this issue was reported to me on an unrelated mod.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

santur_bard

« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »
 'and used "transparent png" to fix images', can you clarify this at all, please? Ta

santur_bard

« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2019, 09:55:53 AM »
Brygun, is the first step (1) of 'dip net' broken? I have all the mats but cannot gat beyond step one.

Semi-related I'm generally having trouble obtaining iron ore, is there a short guide around this at all?

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2019, 04:43:30 PM »
I am on a Windows OS and do not experience graphical issues so far.

I've finally gotten a chance to tamper around with this mod some.  I'm running a fishing character, and I have some questions about some of the recipes.  Fishing rod currently requires 2 cords - in the new infrastructure, this means 30 feet worth of cord.  Is this meant to that way?  30 feet seems like an exceptionally long fishing line but maybe I'm not conceptualizing it correctly.  I changed mine to require =10=

Brygun

« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2019, 08:24:53 PM »
some replies:

On fishing rod cord length I'm willing to entertain debate. The =30= is probably a quick transfer over of 2 cords each now =15=. Im not 100% sure on what the period fishing rod looks like. That said my current vision is the cord runs the length of the rod (about 5 ft), then down to the water (a few feet), then into the water anywhere from a few to a lot of feet to catch the bigger feet. From my own real life fishing the bigger fish are probably more than 10 ft below the surface. So I would suggest more than 10 perhaps 20 if you weren't happy with 30.

>>>

On getting ore...

The most common method Ive used is to get bog ore. This take having a shovel, preferably a metal one but hey you may have to make that, into a "mire" when the ground isn't frozen (for UrW no snow on the ground).

I do recall successfully testing the dip net though that was before the move to the new cordage system. Curious about the dip net method I even did some research and did indeed find that in iron rich places, like Finland, it was possible to get ore this way. Chunks of rock fallen out with iron veins and/or similar processes that make the bog ore.

>>>
Dip net check...

Are you able to make a dip net?

When on a lake, rowed out on a raft or other boat, can you get the lake ore or do you get an error message?

anything