Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336785 times)

ptr987

« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2019, 09:43:35 PM »
Here's all the work I've done; everything is listed in the README.  Everything I did I mostly just copied patterns of stuff someone else has done and adapted the idea to woodworking.  I'm not an artist at all so I mainly copied color and shading style from existing art in the mod.  Anyone is welcome to use any of this however they'd like for Unreal World modding.  I tried to comment on every file that was changed.  I'm sure I still have a mistake or two left in there somewhere, too :P

I plan on playing with the mod a while and tweaking it to make it better based on play experience so it will take me some time.  I'll also be adding in some long-term and higher tier stuff for woodworking and bowying, akin to the Shaman mod, with rare things needing to be done/collected.  Possibly make extremely rare wood trees spawn in distinct areas that have very select wood, I'm not sure yet how to do it.  Any ideas in this area would be great!  Also, if anyone knows of a better way to do the token system so NPCs can use the furniture that would be fantastic, as it is, each finished piece of furniture takes up 2 menu items.  I'd love to see any ideas in general for woodworking, too.  That includes anything you were messing with Dungeon Smash.

All of the new graphics are shown in the attached .png, Brygun, and you're welcome to use any of them.  I did a barrel graphic and added it to the BAC Keg and Barrel in my game.
Note, there may be an issue with the Closet and Shelves graphic with covering up a tile as I copied the layout of the Loom graphic which is 66 pixels, and placed the item in the same place, so it's sitting 'back' and covering more of the tile behind it.  I'm not sure if it's the best way of doing that.  Also, in regards to price changes I roughly stuck to changing your calculated prices from torches to squirrel hides (17:1) as it appears like the price tag for modded items is in squirrel hides, not torches.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:36:04 PM by ptr987 »

Privateer

« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
I tried to comment on every file that was changed.  I'm sure I still have a mistake or two left in there somewhere, too :P

Nice work! Always felt more decor would be a great add.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
Thanks I'll take a look at it.

BAC to this point wasnt reviewed for price balance on newly added items. I aimed guess around what was already around and from the wiki. If the wiki is on an old scale (squirrel hides) than they will indeed need a fair bit of working.

Will take a bit for me to poke around on this update.

Thanks ptr987

ptr987

« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2019, 09:21:25 PM »
BAC to this point wasnt reviewed for price balance on newly added items. I aimed guess around what was already around and from the wiki.
I'll be clear because I don't think I communicated it well and I don't want to waste your time on accident.  I noticed the discrepancy because when I went to trade a tub it seemed way too valuable, and as I had found the modding wiki I looked it over and found that [PRICE:X] is X squirrel hides on an item.

Your pricing (or whomever worked it out) on the Barrel research looked sound.  I found the 3.4 pricing guide and found it priced out in torches.  Squirrel hides are equal to 17 torches.  The prices that I went over in Carpentry made total sense if they were in torches, so I converted them to squirrel hides by dividing by 17.
Ex:
Barrel-style tub
Old Price: 178
New Price: 10

When I tested selling this in game it traded for a longbow fine, which is also 10 squirrel hides, so I think it works ok.  I could easily be wrong as I am new to all this.  Thanks for your efforts and I appreciate them!

Links to pages just in case
https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Price_v3.40
https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Modding

Nice work! Always felt more decor would be a great add.
Thank you, your mods and guides really help out a beginner.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
It’s a bit unclear what this mod actually contains. Is there a proper listing somewhere without resorting to the mods game files?

GrimmSpector

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2019, 02:14:13 AM »
The birch bark and bark items all seem to not work in this :( birch inner bark isn't birch-bark, and bark I pulled off an alder is "bark" and not "alder bark" ...

Brygun

« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2019, 12:56:43 AM »
It’s a bit unclear what this mod actually contains. Is there a proper listing somewhere without resorting to the mods game files?

Not in detail as it now includes many mods plus numerous bonus items. In general you can be make most items in the game, be a smith by mining ore, make your own clothes, additional wooden goods and several types of water craft.

Brygun

« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2019, 01:03:08 AM »
The birch bark and bark items all seem to not work in this :( birch inner bark isn't birch-bark, and bark I pulled off an alder is "bark" and not "alder bark" ...

You get usable birch bark by making "birch-bark lace" which does require standing near a birch tree.

A roll of birch-bark also works as it represents pulling a tall sheet (5-10 ft in photos) off the tree. the big sheet is needed for the canoe but it does also work for taking apart to make small items

Inner birch bark isnt meant to be quite the same material. It may be a left over from when that mod was pulled into BAC.

Brygun

« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
PS.

I was supposed to move into a new condo ~2 months ago but the paper work and actually have them put an oven in it has caused many delays. Havent been as focused on updating this with the new furniture as promised. not forgotten but real life went unstable. been having to stay ~1-2 at different places always hoping that the next day I can get moved into my own place.

Brygun

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2019, 01:22:37 AM »
Update minor

Changed the inner birch bark to a "birch-bark" as it was causing confusing.
Inner birch bark not appearing anywhere else in the barkware menu so appears a dead end anyway

Willow bark and Alder bark likewise might be dead ends but were left in under the less I change things the less likely something else will go wrong

birch-bark lace and rolls of birch-bark were always possible starting material for birch-bark however their names were not obvious to new users. I was already used to them so hadn't noticed until the recent report.

Not done this update is the new furniture graphics and price changes as these will be more extensive reviews im not in such a stable situation to do. The bug fixes though I do prefer to do quickly.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:24:15 AM by Brygun »

fflol

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2019, 08:01:38 AM »
Hi Brygun, first of all, appreciate the great work.

I'm using BAC mod v057, trying to make an axe haft, it just says I need 'for core wood', I couldn't figure out what exactly I need to use, can you please take a look?

Cheers

Brygun

« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2019, 04:15:12 AM »
Thank you kindly.

Axe haft is under Carpentry.

Due to the expansion of the number of items the simpler linear menus couldn't always being maintained.

If  its detailed wood or carry size it is probably under Carpentry. If its big chunky wood it is probably under Lumber.

fflol

« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2019, 06:59:47 AM »
Thank you kindly.

Axe haft is under Carpentry.

Due to the expansion of the number of items the simpler linear menus couldn't always being maintained.

If  its detailed wood or carry size it is probably under Carpentry. If its big chunky wood it is probably under Lumber.

I see, just using txt to open the files :)

thanks Brygun, all the best

Brygun

« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
I have added a note in the Toolmaking text file about it.

I do believe the premise that if one person asks about it there will probably be more soon.

I'm not doing a BAC update just for that but it is set up to be grabbed whenever the next update is done.

Brygun

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2019, 01:01:22 AM »
Im starting on the promised update for ptr987's woodworking mod and the pricing fix (~ 1/17th original BAC for items I based on the wrong economy)

In his suggested files is a significant retooling of the bow making. I have mixed feelings primarily as its a bigger change on a long standing mod. Probably will over write other modders works. So in this case if there are any opinions on switching to his woodworking bow making or keeping the existing BAC it would be appreaciated.

Ive also looked over his token system for getting furniture graphics into NPC homes while using the token to get paid for it. My primary hesitation here is the need for menu slots and Im VERY much avoiding cutting down the free submenu letters (~3 IIRC). So on that account I might not implement it in the base BAC. Debating and will see about menu space.