Topic: Ritual "Rod fisherman's sacrifice"  (Read 8150 times)

tedomedo

« on: October 17, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »
I don't understand text for this ritual.
What "Open water season" means? To wait until all ice melts (this happens in May or later)?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:35:40 PM »
I'd expect it to mean the ice is gone, yes. Thus, it definitely doesn't apply to ice fishing.

tedomedo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:43:04 PM »
If i walk on ice in wilderness, go to edge of ice, zoom in, go to edge where water is, then start fishing in water, is this "valid" way to get a fish and trow it in spring? Spring in game starts in april, right?

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
I was assuming that it is the one day that terrain changes from snow-covered to greenery. Which means I'll have to wait until next year to use either of those similar spells.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:50 AM »
If you can walk on the ice it's not open water season, since the water is covered by ice. There is open water throughout the winter in rapids an in the sea, but that doesn't change the season.

If I remember correctly, it talks about the first fishing in open water season, so if you're late to start fishing it may still work.

tedomedo

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:33:16 PM »
Can you write month when open water season starts?

PALU

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:55:52 AM »
No. In a simulation of real life, the time the ice disappears varies widely. Some years it might be early, while other years it might be two months later.

tedomedo

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
Damn, you're driving me nuts with these blur answers.
Well what's the first possible month when open water season can start?????

Moonlight

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »
Open water season starts when there is absolutely no ice on water in zoom in map. If you perform the spell successfully, the fish disappears, otherwise it will be floating on water.

Edico

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
What he said.  It seems like most stuff in URW either burns or sinks.  Fish burn (but don't sink) so if you throw it in the water and it disappeared, the ritual seems to be successful.

PALU

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 07:52:50 PM »
I'm not trying to be unclear, but rather try to tell you that the date is not really relevant, but it's the actual conditions that matter. Thus you will have to look at the map (and verify it on the zoomed in map) and see when the ice is gone, rather than look at your character's (non existent) watch. The ice won't disappear as long as there's thick snow, for instance.

I would guess the earliest possible time would be in March, but it could be April. I've definitely had winter drag on through most of June.

Labtop 215

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 01:48:01 AM »
Yea, I couldn't get this to work.  I'm not sure if it's me or not.  I ended up catching multiple fish while rod fishing, and I threw all of them back.  They all floated and I couldn't get the ritual to work.  Does the bonus/penalty apply all throughout Spring, the whole year?

user1805

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »
I'd expect it to mean the ice is gone, yes. Thus, it definitely doesn't apply to ice fishing.

Thats it.

Is it it really so difficult?

Open water means there is no ice. And some times the ice melts earlier some times later. There is no special month to do it.

You will recognize that the first fish you though will dissapear. Not necessarily the next ones.

And: When you are going fish in the "Open water season" its up to you. It may be fall.

KR
User