Topic: Where to find Ant Nests?  (Read 6788 times)

bugeeman

« on: November 13, 2018, 11:46:22 PM »
What tiles do they typically appear in?

Running version 3.51 stable, middle of the spring, and in the process of completing the forest ritual quest
Been searching through various terrains for a few Real World hours and would like to get this quest over with

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:00:31 AM »
Heathland, spruce mire, coniferous forest, lichenous pine forest. probably a few other. but it's quicker in heathland/lichenous pine forest because you can zoom in, scroll the mousewheel, glance around, zoom out.

if you haven't seen one before, they're the big round red things.

bugeeman

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »
How long does it typically take to find one? I took a break since it was frustrating not being able to find one, but I'll try again for a few more hours

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »
It varies. It took me a long time with one of my characters too but then sometimes I stumble on them by accident. They are fairly rare I guess. Here's what they look like:

I'm actually trying to find something else right now (robbers quest) so I'm entering and leaving a lot of squares. This was the 83rd square I entered and it happened to have an ant nest. I guess that gives you an idea of the rarity.

bugeeman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
Thank you for the clarification. I mistakenly thought they were only uncommon, but it seems I need to put more effort into finding one of these nests.

bugeeman

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 09:23:10 PM »
Just found an ant nest in a lichenous pine forest. Took only 10 more minutes of searching. I was just unlucky in the first few hours

anything