Topic: Why are spears and javelins with lover damage than arrows yet are much bigger?  (Read 18360 times)

Brygun

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »
Watched the video. Well done Erkka  8)

At one job I took lunch breaks in a wooded lot and threw a javelin link "slender trunk" at the hollow of tree stump. Eventually broke the tree stump making the top of it fall toward me... which landed on my coat. So I was fairly close. My observations on Erkka's video are:

- In UrW standing still is still in a 2 x 2 m square so I think taking one step for a throw would be okay

- A practiced javelin thrower and/or a straighter javelin might not turn sideways so easy and get maybe 50% more range

- As mentioned in the thread effective range for causing injury (which is another game mechanic) is less than max range.

>>>

To one of the posters as might have been noticed Unreal World defines a rock as 1 lb and a stone as 14 lb. In real life we might swap the terms. For the discussion it would be best to use the same terms.

>>>

The Odyssey of the Greek and Trojan wars does include them throwing rocks/stones at each other as a common battle technique.