Topic: Kaumolais Weapons shortage?  (Read 7418 times)

Tom H

« on: October 27, 2018, 03:48:53 AM »
I have ventured far and long to reach the Kaumo lands to complete the valuable fur mission (which I completed immediately with a superior squirrel! lol). My once Fine Kaumo spear has deteriorated to a merely decent and I hoped to find a better Kaumo spear.

Now, having visited 14 Kaumo villages so far, I'm saddened to say that I failed to find more than one Kaumo weapon (not available for trade, nor an improvement on my own).  The signature weapons of the Kaumo, non-existent? I'm baffled.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:54:19 AM by Tom H »

davidor

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »
Check the villagers instead. They usually have one or two Kaumo weapon in the inventories. Will they sell you is another problem.

Kaumos are a poor tribe so they don't have much weapons in their village stock and sometime it is hard to even find a handaxe.

On the other hand, it is possible to find Kaumo or Northern weapons in rich tribe like Driik.

Shadowdweller

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 09:15:41 PM »
Another decent option is to track down some Kaumolais robbers.

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »
Aye. The Kaumo seem to me to be the poorest clan. I guess they're so proud of their weapons because there's so few of them. heh

I traded for both a decent Northern Spear and Knife. I believe it was the Kuikka who had them. THEN I got a Masterwork Northern Knife from a treasure reward. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever be used. I have an equal quality Broad knife and Hunters knife, so, it's never chosen. I was surprised to find the Master Fisher Knife is the one chosen for crafting. I'd like to find a Master Small knife, to see if it would be chosen over the fisher knife. I also wonder why there is a Fisher knife. You never see fish being prepared, they just get roasted.

shorun

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
so i went to my neighbours to check out if it really is such a big problem.

first village, the one i live next to less then 3 km distance, a bloody masterwork kaumo spear!

i guess it all comes down to luck.

i do recall getting both my northern spear and my previous kaumo spear from robbers, in cultural lands they often have the culture of that region, and with that come the weapons of that region.

as always, i find you should not worry to much about wich particular weapon you use, you'll come across a suitable spear sooner or later. and a decent kaumo spear is still decent enough, it's mostly skill anyway.

Tom H

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 10:41:19 AM »
Wow! RNG, eh? Winter is almost over so I'll put aside my decent Northern spear soon. I completed the 2nd quest line and got my sword, club, and shield skills to competent , though I think the club is at Talented. I just can't let all these Njerp weapons go to waste! heh I've fought with both the sword and a mace once. Both times I put the guy down with a single blow! Scares me to think I could have received that kind of damage myself.

tedomedo

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 12:52:13 PM »
Check the villagers instead. They usually have one or two Kaumo weapon in the inventories. Will they sell you is another problem.
If someone don't want to sell a Kaumo weapon, ask him to go hunting. If he agrees, give him food, get out of village and kill him.
Well do this in regions where you don't live. Find such person in a village where is nothing good for trading. Because if you kill someone from a village, you can't trade in that village any more, villagers will say: "No trading until our adventurer/hunter will come back."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:56:08 PM by tedomedo »

Tom H

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »
If someone don't want to sell a Kaumo weapon, ask him to go hunting. If he agrees, give him food, get out of village and kill him.
Well do this in regions where you don't live. Find such person in a village where is nothing good for trading. Because if you kill someone from a village, you can't trade in that village any more, villagers will say: "No trading until our adventurer/hunter will come back."

I'm psychologically incapable of doing this willfully. heh- I've got over 3K hours in Skyrim and have never played a thief or assassin. I think it goes back to that old question- Would you break the law if no one would find out? But, I appreciate that you offered a solution...lol.