UnReal World > Suggestions

Regarding dog's behaviour in front of danger

<< < (2/2)

shorun:

--- Quote from: PALU on May 25, 2017, 10:19:58 AM ---I'm not sure what you're getting at. Dogs sometimes do flee when injured and sometimes fight to the death. They also ignore orders when enraged (as do companions). As to them following orders, well, just because the blasted dog barked a "yes" when I called it, it doesn't mean the bugger actually comes...

I've seen someone claiming different dogs have different personalities (brave/cowardly, energetic/lazy...).

--- End quote ---

i've seen different behaviors in my dogs. i got "jef" and "stavros"

stavros is very agressive, he fights hard and long and often gets wounded to.
jef is a bit more... cowardly is the wrong word here.. carefull! he'll run towards whatever i send it at but not actually fight it, he'll just "hang around" untill it can nip it's back!
so... i learned to FIRST release jef, he will get it's attention but not actually engage... then stavros who will go in full berserk style, wound and distract the prey and THEN jef will usually join in the actual fight.

i also found jef to return to me faster when the prey does get away, stavros will charge for longer (making me worry about his safety).

they both listen equally well tough, when i tell them to eat they heard that but when i tell them to get out of my cabin they are less likely to oblige (and i have had to remove them with a leach more then once). it's more of a pathfinding thing i guess but i find it hilarious. it gives em some realism :D

Bakkat:
pretty cool, shorun. Sounds really nice  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version