Topic: Are larger PC easier to hit with ranged attacks?  (Read 3888 times)

Valor

« on: August 06, 2018, 12:04:35 AM »
Hello,

Do larger characters make easier target for bows in combat? I feel like my 100kg/2m Kaumos are hit much more often than my 45kg/155cm Owls. Just information bias?

Thanks!

Nydxz

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
 Not only with ranged, but with melee aswell... The size, height and speed of an creature affects you likely to hit. I could constat that after fighting an big forest reindeer which would dodge all my arrows untill he got fatigated and making an testing character with 98% spear skill who couldn't land a single hit on a kid. (got killed by a kid with a stone, what a shame.) Other things that also affect your skills is your condition. Starving, tired and fatigated characters have a very low change to hit (maybe even thristy)... All that affects your dodge skill aswell, so, even a character with 100% dodge skill can easily be killed in certain conditions.
 A small bow also is very inaccurate, go get a longbow as soon as you can.

To be on the safe side, expect that anything that would hinder your skills in real life will hinder your skill in URW.

Shadowdweller

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:55:43 AM »
  A small bow also is very inaccurate, go get a longbow as soon as you can.
If by "small bow" you mean "shortbow", they are actually one of the most accurate (true) bows.  Just behind the longbow.

Nydxz

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:23:11 AM »
If by "small bow" you mean "shortbow", they are actually one of the most accurate (true) bows.  Just behind the longbow.
[/quote]

Sorry, by small bow I meant the Juniper, Northen and Hunting bows. The shortbows have some accuracy, but, the longbow is way better

anything