Topic: Villagers and stealth  (Read 3723 times)

GreatGoal12

« on: July 20, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Hello,

I don't understand, how stealth works and why villagers in this game are omniscient. They, in some magical way, always know, where I am, and when I am getting closer to their village. I have 79% of stealth skill and I try to come closer to their village at night, while it is snowing. The maximum visibility is 2 tiles away, yet every time I try to come closer, some of them magically wake up, leave their houses and start to go toward the exact place, where I currently am. I obviously do this without being previously seen by them in the last few hours. When this happens and I just wait, they will miraculously come to the next closest tile from me and detect me from there, it's like I am a magnet and they are an iron that inevitably is going to find a magnet, if it's close enough. If I in such situation start to move away from the village going backward and randomly changing direction to left or right, they will still follow me perfectly, replicating all my moves to always take the shortest path to me, as if they had some divine insight telling them exactly, where is my hidding spot. This will happen until I am out of the village's range. I am of course, all of this time "hidden" using stealth, while making almost 0 noises, due to good stealth skill.

So, am I really "hidden" with a stealth skill, if they somehow are always 100% sure, where I am? Without making any noise or having an unsuccessful stealth attempt or being simply detected.

Please, explain someone this phenomenon to me. It really feels unrealistic.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:04:22 PM by i3lazefuryx »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:20:11 PM »
Two possibilities;
The world is not "active" if you're not in it.

When was the last time you bathed?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

GreatGoal12

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:37:27 PM »
Two possibilities;
The world is not "active" if you're not in it.

Okay, but, what does it mean?

When was the last time you bathed?

Probably a 3-4 weeks ago, I accidentally dropped into the water, after the ice broken under my weight. Would I really stink so much to get their attention so much?

Andre

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 06:48:32 AM »
I mean I understand why it's like this, it would be far too easy to steal from villages if you could just sneak in. But it's also just really annoying that it's impossible to sneak into villages.

anything