Topic: Leather Working  (Read 10079 times)

Seddrik

« on: July 26, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »
Started doing some leather work.  Lots of experiments at first.  Been meaning to throw this picture up and say something. 

Since I have a bow and arrows, the puny excuse for a quiver that came with the arrows led me to make one myself.  It was my first attempt at making leather lace (the strings) for sewing and the long scrap leather piece I had rolled up nicely to make a cylinder.  Its irregular shape was not an issue at all.

All in all it was quite interesting and didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.  Even cutting the lace was pretty easy.  I took a small board and cut a narrow slit about an inch deep into it.  I took a razor blade and bolted it down, cutting edge against the narrow slit.  Then just pulled the edge of the leather through to make nice, consistent leather lace/strings.  I can see this being a similar thing with simpler tools even... say nailing an sharp edge to a board kind of thing.

Of course an awl (in my case a leather hole punch) can be used to make holes.

Just thought it would be interesting to pass on to you Unreal World players.

Ignore the revolver holster.  It works, but I just threw that one together to test some things. My other holsters look much better. lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:09:20 PM by Seddrik »

anything