Topic: [let it be] Raft and Stone Axe require "Rope" but any tying equpment works  (Read 6596 times)

MrMotorhead

« on: April 29, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
This is a small inconsistency that was causing me some confusion.  Most crafting recipes call for "tying equipment" which can be satisfied by either a rope, leather rope or a cord.  However the raft and stone axe recipes specifically call for "Rope", and I just figured out that these requirements can also be satisfied with cords.

As a fix I suggest either:

1. Change the recipe requirements to show "Tying equipment" instead of "Rope".

or

2. Modify the recipes so they only accept rope or leather rope.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:58:53 PM by Sami »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 03:06:03 AM »
It's been this way for years.
let it be
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 03:37:17 AM »
If it really bothers you that much... open up the diy_glossary.txt file.

1. Change the recipe requirements to show "Tying equipment" instead of "Rope".

Change {Rope} in these recipes to {Tying equipment}.

or

2. Modify the recipes so they only accept rope or leather rope.

Change {Rope} to {*rope}.

The vanilla .txt files get automatically regenerated when you launch the game, so you'll probably have to do this every single time you start it up. (Not 100% sure on that; I know for a fact missing files reappear, but I'm not sure about modified ones.) It seems like way too much trouble IMO for something that has literally no effect on gameplay, but, hey, if you want a fix, there's your fix.

Alternatively, you could try creating a separate diy mod file for these recipes, but I don't know what happens if you try to override base items in a mod. Personally, I'd say just leave it be.

MrMotorhead

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 04:14:56 AM »
I understand this is a small, perhaps trivial issue but it seems like it would be easy to fix and it could help someone new to the game better understand crafting recipes.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
I've noticed this as well.  Personally, I use ropes for the recipe as it seems to me that this is the intention.

I agree with MrMotorhead, it's a small issue and easily fixed on an individual basis but it does seem odd and perhaps a mistake.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
For now I second Privateer

"It's been this way for years.
let it be"

This gets only fistful of reports in a decade, if the troublesome frequency increases we'll take another look at it.
Tying equipment handling is likely to be overhauled at some point, so things will change properly then.
- Sami | UnReal World creator