Topic: How to make all materials repairable?  (Read 5751 times)

demol

« on: April 03, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »
Hi all!

What should i mod to make all materials repairable? (it's a shame that man able to make a full size fur overcoat or footwear can't even sew a cloth togeter)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:06:33 PM by demol »

caethan

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 08:39:01 PM »
Sadly, I don't think there's any way to make the repair function generally usable.  What you can do for specific objects is create a recipe that takes an object and creates the same object (optionally with other repair tools, materials, etc.).  But that's not generalizable - you'll have to make a new recipe for each object you want to repair.

mlangsdorf

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:58:58 AM »
Inspired by Caethan's comment, I came up with recipes for repairing metal armor. These are for a lossy process, where you need more materials than the final weight of the gear. To me, this represents crude repairs that an amateur smith might make: cutting out damaged lames and lacing in better ones from other armor scraps, riveting good links of mail into a damaged piece, and crudely welding/riveting patches onto a helmet.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to specify a recipe where you take an item and then need to add wildcard items until the combined weight reaches some value. The URW engine obviously knows how to do that, because the existing Repair function does that, but that function isn't available to mods.

Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:Clothing]
.Repair lamellar cuirass. "Lamellar Cuirass" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands] *CARPENTRY* /3h/ %-70% |+1|
{Lamellar *} #16.5# [remove] 'Lamellar scraps'
{Leather *} #3# [remove] 'Leather scraps for backing'
{Knife} <Small Knife>
[NAME:Lamellar Cuirass]

.Repair lamellar long hauberk. "Hunting Horn" [effort:2] [phys:arms,hands] *CARPENTRY* /8h/ %-70% |+1|
{Lamellar *} #46# [remove] 'Lamellar scraps'
{Leather *} #8# [remove] 'Leather scraps for backing'
{Knife} <Small Knife>
[NAME:Lamellar Long Hauberk]
[TILEGFX:armour]
[TYPE:armour]
[WEIGHT:40]
[ARMOUR_MATERIAL:lamellar]
[ARMOUR_COVERAGE:long_hauberk]

.Repair mail hauberk. "Mail Hauberk" [effort:3] [phys:arms,hands] *CARPENTRY* /5h/ %-70% |+1|
{Mail *} #27.5# [remove] 'Mail scraps'
{Cloth} #2.5# [remove] 'Cloth for padding'
{Wrought Iron} #1# [remove]
{Knife} <Small Knife>
{Iron Hammer}
{Iron Tongs}
[NAME:Mail Hauberk]

.Repair iron helm. "Iron Helm" [effort:4] [phys:arms,hands] *CARPENTRY* /45/ %-70% |+1|
{Iron *} #3# [remove] 'Iron scraps'
{Wrought Iron} #1.5#  [remove]
{Charcoal}  #18# [remove] [ground]
{Iron Hammer}
{Iron Tongs}
{Forge} [ground]
{Anvil} [ground]
{Fire}
[NAME:Iron Helm]
[SUBMENU_END:Clothing]

anything