UnReal World > Modding

Modding Tutorial and Help

<< < (2/8) > >>

Vitowns:
Hello i made items like weapons etc easily but for some reason this anvil i'm trying to add to the BUILDING menu doesn't show up at all, I even made an anvil graphic for it, here is my code thingy from the build readme txt:

.Anvil. "Bench" -Z- [effort:4] *BUILDING*  [phys:arms,stance,one-armed]   [GFX_X:10] [GFX_Y:2]    /90/         %50%         
{Log} (1) [remove] [ground]
{Raw Ore} (4) [remove] [ground]
{Stone-Hammer}
[TILEGFX:mod-anvil]

Edit: Ilu Privateer you rock i took your bird coop and studied it closely + your tutorial, I finally managed to make an anvil cheers!

Privateer:
  Technically the build menu / items are hardcoded and aside from some swapping of tiles and some glitch usage, modification on the build is not yet supported. You can only "change" graphic(s) by actually replacing the original sprite(s).

Sorry probably not the answer you wanted ~_~

Thanks anything to help

Vitowns:

--- Quote from: Privateer on May 30, 2019, 10:35:24 PM ---  Technically the build menu / items are hardcoded and aside from some swapping of tiles and some glitch usage, modification on the build is not yet supported. You can only "change" graphic(s) by actually replacing the original sprite(s).

Sorry probably not the answer you wanted ~_~

Thanks anything to help

--- End quote ---

No worries and that's fine hehe

BlackSwan:
Hello!

I've been trying to do the same thing as Vitowns above, except with a well instead of an anvil. I realized it doesn't work as a building, so I tried to make it an object like the chicken coop. I'm trying to make it a container with a huge capacity that you can fill up and then drag closer to your house. But I can't make it work. I think there's something wrong with the graphic, because I tried a bunch of different combinations of the code, and I can craft it, but if I drop it, the graphic doesn't show up. I've done the same thing before by creating a pickaxe and the graphic for it does show up. I've tried to use that same template for the well too, but for some reason the well graphic doesn't show up (it doesn't show anything if I drop it on the ground, empty or full).

This is the code, just in case there's something wrong with it (I've also tried other random things instead of the shovel, like the pot, wooden bowl, wooden cup,... the times and resources are simplified because I keep remaking it to see if it works):

--- Code: ---.Well. "Shovel" [effort:2] [phys:arms,stance] *COMMON* /0.5h/
{Pickaxe}
[TILEGFX:it-well]
[NAME:Well]
[WEIGHT:100]
[TYPE:container]
[CONT_CAPACITY:10000]
--- End code ---

And attached are pictures of the graphics I tried. I tried the TILEGFX:it-pickaxe (that I've created before) and it works, but it doesn't work with the well graphics. I've tried all three, renamed them to different things, recolored the background (and the top left pixel) a bunch of times, resized the well a bit (so it's roughly the same size as the pickaxe), but can't make it work at all. I've also read the text file in the truetile folder and I feel like I followed it to the letter. I'm new at modding this game so there is probably something obvious I'm missing, but any help would be appreciated.

Privateer:
used

--- Code: ---.Well. "Shovel" [effort:2] [phys:arms,stance] *COMMON* /0.5h/
//{Pickaxe}
[TILEGFX:it-well]
[NAME:Well]
[WEIGHT:100]
[TYPE:container]
[CONT_CAPACITY:100]
--- End code ---

Got well, dropped it from inventory (containers)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version