Topic: Master Trapper Challenge (alternative)  (Read 3787 times)

koteko

« on: February 19, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
Inspired by this old post, I'd like to re-propose the Master Trapper Challenge with a few notable changes:

• You must trap every one of the animals listed here (excluding the domesticated ones, and possibly snakes are untrappable?)
  • You must make a screenshot of the still-alive animal in the trap (so you can't just litter the world with traps and come back after one year with a rotten carcass - you must be an active trapper). Bonus point if you report what bait it ate once caught.
  • To win the challenge you simply have to catch the animals. If you also get superior furs out of all of them, you get bonus points.
  • You can have any character you want, even use one already started. The difficulty is not in the stats/skills, but in FINDING and capturing the animals

This acts also somewhat like a research project into discovering favourite baits and terrains for the different animals.

NB: if you decide to share your progress, I would suggest to make only one post per person (so that you can edit it when you catch more animals), and to link the screenshots externally (eg through imgur or similar services).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:11:34 PM by koteko »

caethan

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:01:08 AM »
Set up a character to work on this one; it's been a lot of fun.  No superior furs as my hideworking skill isn't high enough yet, but here's what I've caught so far, split out by the kind of trap.

Loop Snare

Light Lever Trap

Arctic Fox

Black Grouse

Hare

Capercaillie

Eagle Owl

Raven

Goshawk

Hazel Grouse

Willow Grouse

Small Deadfall Trap