Topic: Healing (the bleeding wounds of) your pets and companions  (Read 10642 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »
Started to add rudimentary (and probably the most important) stage of healing your pets and companions; trying to stop bleeding of their wounds.
More companion/pet healing methods may follow in the future, but we'll start with the most crucial one.

The mechanics of applying physical skill to your companions are the same as applying them to yourself. Herbs can be used in the process, the success or failure messages are the familiar ones, and so on.

How an attempt to heal your companion is started is to face them upon using physician skill. If treatable wounds are found (ie. bleeding wounds) you'll be asked whether you wish to try applying the physician skills to this companion or pet. The wound to treat is then auto selected based on its severity.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
A very welcome improvement!

DfDevadander

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »
I think this addition will make it even more intense for a character to deal with having a wounded companion; it's sad when one is killed, but I feel it will be even more heartbreaking to make an effort to save them only to fail and have them die anyway. On the other hand, it could be a moment of great excitement and triumph when your character can stop a companion from bleeding to death and thereby save their life. All in all, I'll be very happy to see this new mechanic implemented :)

Mati256

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:44:45 PM »
Yes! This is an unexpected but great addition! I know that companions and pets heal faster than the PC but having the option to stop bleeding will make a difference.

anything