Topic: 3.80 Smithing issues  (Read 3360 times)

MHB

« on: July 26, 2023, 11:53:09 PM »
Npcs give conflicting information as to the location of blacksmiths, i have entered settlements and been directed to another place only for the same thing to happen again. Ive been told that there was a blacksmith by some in a village and when asking the village sages ive been told the village didnt have a blacksmith.
Also the 'Ordered Goods' icon is stuck after getting an item. Specifically i didnt buy it when returning to trade for the item but instead returned again some days later and found the item in one of the houses and then bought it.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 09:47:39 AM »
Villages adjacent to each other (essentially forming a larger village) can be problematic. If you're asking about the location of a character who belongs to "the other" village they'll say the character is somewhere around there but they don't know where exactly (I think you get the same response when characters are outside of the village boundary for isolated villages).
I think I've seen the smith issue in such a merged village, with one half of the village claiming there's a smith in it, and the other half doesn't.

MHB

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 03:09:12 PM »
Ive only experienced it in lone villages, one of the was part of a network of villages connected by roads so i dont know if that has an effect. But it makes sense that villages next to each other can result in some confusing directions if the player isnt aware of what village the npcs actually belongs to.