Topic: Is someone stealing my poop?  (Read 207 times)

Timbit

« on: May 22, 2024, 02:16:53 AM »
Please ignore the absolute state my homestead is in.

I kept my animal droppings in the tile behind the shelter (yellow arrow), but they have disappeared several times leaving me puzzled. I am now forced to store all future feces in my food cellar :(.

Is a robber stealing my poop? Is an animal eating it? Does poo expire and despawn? 

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 06:23:29 AM »
The feces is getting absorbed into the ground and increasing the fertilisation of that bit of land. Even if you keep it in the cellar, it will happen. I'm not sure the logic of this happening in winter.

The workaround I've found is to pack it onto an animal.

Timbit

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 07:25:44 PM »
This is exactly whats happening, thanks for the reply and the tip! (I have now dedicated a cow to carry the crap).

However, I set a loop snare trap and baited it with some bull dung. Look who I found..... This Scat scavenger. Poop Pilferer. Guano Gobbler. Fecal Feaster. Manure Marauder.

Can I keep this turd theif? I would love to have him / her as a pet. How long do birds last in a trap? What if I continuously feed it?

McKwack

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 02:16:18 AM »
There might be some seeds left in those poops *coughkopiluwakcough*, that's why that birb has been stealing them..  8)

PALU

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 07:55:22 AM »
Animals in traps die eventually, so you can't keep it.