UnReal World > Gameplay questions

How to get early game food supply since fishing nerf

<< < (3/4) > >>

JP_Finn:

--- Quote from: Plotinus on October 20, 2021, 08:33:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: JP_Finn on October 20, 2021, 02:09:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Auspice on October 19, 2021, 07:30:47 PM ---So does spoiled meat/fish work as a bait, or does it have to be fresh?

--- End quote ---
Uncooked / non-cured spoiled meat, fish, and fat all work as bait. Spoiled roasted/boiled/cured meat, fish or fat won’t work as bait.

--- End quote ---

i haven't branched away from uncooked meat and fish in my spreadsheet yet but I plan to. However this information from news.txt makes me think the cooked/cured meat should work as bait:

--- Quote --- - fixed: dried cuts as fishing baits got used up in one single fishing attempt

Now a single dried cut lasts for a couple of fishing attempts.

--- End quote ---

Though I don't know how much the fish will like it compared to other baits.

I also want to test out bread.

--- End quote ---

Bread works for small fish. Bait comment above was for trapping
Cooked/cured/raw/spoiled/stale/fresh can all be used as fishing bait.

Plotinus:
Preliminary results, average amount of fish gained per fishing attempt with high skill (90)  and a fishing rod with iron hook

No bait: 30 grams, 100 trials
berries: 430 grams, 56 trials
mushroom: 480 grams, 100 trials
leaves: 520 grams, 28 trials
roots: 670 grams, 47 trials
flowers: 620 grams, 100 trials
raw fish: 1.48 kg, 100 trials
raw meat: 1.98 kg, 100 trials

i haven't tested roasted/dried/smoked fish/meat or bread in a systematic way yet but anecdotally cooked fish/meat seems to work well too.

ineedcords:

--- Quote from: Plotinus on January 01, 2023, 09:05:59 PM ---Preliminary results, average amount of fish gained per fishing attempt with high skill and a fishing rod with iron hook

No bait: 30 grams
berries: 430 grams
mushroom: 480 grams
leaves: 520 grams
roots: 670 grams
flowers: 620 grams
raw fish: 1.48 kg
raw meat: 1.98 kg

i haven't tested roasted/dried/smoked fish/meat or bread in a systematic way yet but anecdotally cooked fish/meat seems to work well too.

--- End quote ---
I appreciate this. Can you also post the sample size with each test result, please.

Plotinus:
I edited my post! My goal is to have 100 trials with each type of food, but it's winter and my character ran out of berries, leaves, and roots. I'll gather more this summer and get flour for bread and and test out grains (barley, rye) and seeds too.

Plotinus:
So because I have fewer trials for berries, leaves, and roots, I'd say that the exact difference between their quality and the quality of mushrooms and flowers is still unknown, and might be due to random chance, they seem to be all about the same as each other.

No bait: very bad but sometimes you get lucky
Plant matter (berries, leaves, flowers, roots): much better than nothing, it's worth collecting as much as you can when you're first starting out
raw fish: good
raw meat: great

unknown but probably good or great: cooked meat and fish
unknown (though i'd guess "same as other plant matter"): bread, seeds, grains, peas, broad beans
unknown but probably not very good: spoiled meat/fish (I'd guess "better than nothing" for this but i haven't tested it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version