Topic: [Fixed - 3.84p1] duplicated stone axe  (Read 177 times)

Plotinus

« on: May 08, 2024, 06:22:29 PM »
I generated a new character, Konsta, in this 3.84 patch 1 version. He crafted a stone axe over the course of several days. I didn't do anything unusual with him. He finally finished creating the stone axe and now he has one in his inventory. But there's still an almost-finished stone axe tile where he was crafting it.

The only thing I can think of is that the tile where he was crafting it has a shelter on it as well. Or that the recipe required the extra stone be in his inventory initially but after that it could select it from the ground. Or that he was using a rough hunting knife for the crafting so maybe that made it take long enough to overflow something. I'm not sure if any of these ideas are related though.

I can send a save over if you want.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 11:38:59 AM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 06:55:51 PM »
I have another save, not stone-axe, but 3 blunt arrows.

And not 6 completed blunts, but 3 complete and 3 largely crafted on the ground.

edit: Finished the duplicate crafting again and it only produced 1 decent blunt arrow.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 06:58:53 PM by JP_Finn »

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 07:45:23 PM »
I have crafted some other pausable things with other characters without this occurring, so maybe only certain items are affected or there are some special conditions for it.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 07:53:27 PM »
I manually paused the task, slept, and resumed crafting. No other items on the ground. No extra Slender Trunks in reach either.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 11:19:06 AM »
This is likely related to area conditions and data entries rather than individual items.
I'm currently investigating a few other saves of this sort of item duplication, with different items though.

Plotinus, please send the save over. Thanks.
The more samples we've got the easier it is to find out the cause.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 10:03:54 AM »
I believe we've got this issue solved and fixed now, and will likely release a patch this week.
Plotinus, feel free to send the savegame nevertheless. Double checking doesn't hurt.

The issue was about unfortunate item data re-arranging due to world/creature activity on specific areas.
The bug potential has been fixed now and no more this sort of duplication should happen in the upcoming patch.

Fixed - persists in 3.84.1
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything