Development > Development News

Version 3.60 beta [for Windows] released on Steam, and for Lifetime members

(1/4) > >>

Sami:
Version 3.60 beta [for Windows] is now available on Steam as beta-branch you can opt-into at will.
Lifetime members can find the beta version at the designated forum section.

This first beta is available only for Windows at this point. Other platforms will follow in-time. We're sorry for the prolonged waiting time, but couldn't help it, and really needed to start 3.60 betas rolling.

And they get rolling from now on. Things are fairly stable already, but our to-do list is still not completed. So bear in mind that many of the features now available will be polished even further in patches to follow as we stride towards the stable tag.

Key features of version 3.60

The key features of version 3.60 version deal with NPCs, companions, domestic animals, village properties, and crafting additions. The list of additions and fixes is long and you can find the changelog here.

One of the most awaited additions is wandering NPCs now actively hunting animals on detailed map level. This opens up possibilities for numerous exciting incidents to take place as the woods with hunters and their game now becomes far more alive and complex than before.

Screenshot from version 3.60beta. The player character has followed an elk, freezing and starving. He bumps into a scene never witnessed before.
There's a pile of elk bones, raw elk meat and few arrows. And an adventurer, who has apparently downed that elk, now carrying it's winter fur and some cuts he had already roasted.
This is just one example of scenes which could have been witnessed by player character, turn by turn, from the start of the hunt to very act of utilizing the carcass.

Who can have it?

You can have it, but you gotta get it from Steam. Standalone versions of 3.60 will follow after significantly longer time than what we have gotten used to in the past. This is because during past years donations have dried out disallowing solely donation-based development to thrive. Donations are still an option, people do it for a reason or another, but your generosity isn't any longer linked to the great perk of most up-to-date version being freely available for everyone. I'll be happy to answer possibly puzzled questions of relatively recent of near-future intending donors, so don't hesitate to eg. e-mail me if you feel like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers, have fun, and let's keep our fingers crossed for the possible beta bugs being minor and scarce. But whatever their size and annoyance level may be, we've got our bows prepared for shooting them down.

ANickel:
Sorry to hear about the money issues, it is understandable why the Steam version is being prioritized in this instance.
Perhaps more press coverage is needed to boost sales again, I know that the initial Steam release helped a lot in that instance.

Sami:

--- Quote from: ANickel on September 16, 2019, 03:38:27 AM ---Sorry to hear about the money issues, it is understandable why the Steam version is being prioritized in this instance.
Perhaps more press coverage is needed to boost sales again, I know that the initial Steam release helped a lot in that instance.

--- End quote ---

Steam sales are steady, so it's not that. It's just that donation-based development and free-of-charge distribution can't exist without donations.
I guess the donation-based idea, despite of all the information and versions available, has gradually gotten overlooked and mistakenly turned into "free game" thinking.
All is fine, development continues.

Digheld:
Sorry if this is off-topic slightly, but speaking of steam sales did you know that Mandalore is going to make a video on UrW? Hopefully that'll bring lots of new people to the game, as he is probably the most popular YouTuber to ever make a video on the game.

Sami:

--- Quote from: Digheld on September 16, 2019, 09:24:54 PM ---Sorry if this is off-topic slightly, but speaking of steam sales did you know that Mandalore is going to make a video on UrW? Hopefully that'll bring lots of new people to the game, as he is probably the most popular YouTuber to ever make a video on the game.

--- End quote ---

I didn't know how about this. Has he announced it somewhere?
Let's plays are always a nice way to draw attention into the far north. Awaiting for the episode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version