Topic: Crafting Engine recipes.  (Read 3281 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: June 10, 2023, 02:53:04 AM »
At the moment when crafting output is an item that can be made alternative recipe, the second recipe asks the requisites of the first.

E.g. Making 8 stakes in Lumber menu from a slender trunk, I would like to utilize un needed Board to split and cut into stakes (4), but the one on the list above, over-writes the 2nd recipe.

Code: [Select]
.Wooden stake. [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* (8) /30/ %40% |-2| [patch]
.Staff. [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *CARPENTRY* /15/ %60% |-2| [patch]
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>
{Slender trunk} [remove] [patchwise]

.Wooden stake. (4) [effort:1] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *TIMBERCRAFT* /15/ %40% |-2| [patch]
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>
{Board} [remove] [ground] [patchwise]

Please enable same output from different recipes.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 09:21:46 PM »
Another example is additional menu to recover varied arrow heads from broken arrows.
Can't call the product .Bone arrowhead. if you do, then you can't use Make Arrow Bone arrowhead as the additional menuitem overrides the recipe of the vanilla Arrow menu recipe.
One needs to call the product .Old bone arrowhead. "Bone arrowhead" which isn't pretty and doesn't stack with the other bone arrowheads. Old or recovered, something to make it new item, which also stops it from stacking with the base item.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 06:45:54 AM »
After messing about with the arrowheads and other bits. using [name:] in the recipe can alleviate most of the issues experienced with the crafting engine's procedural short comings.
(I think I might need to edit the suggestion to edit the order of cookery_ and diy_ files are ran, not to be run in alphabetical order... otherwise vanilla recipes might get pushed down on the ingame crafting menus )